"Do Not Call" List-if only Mr Bush-

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tonyd, Sep 30, 2003.

1. tonyd

tonyd Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that feels Mr Bush and the rest of congress should be as concerned about the current CRA's policies, procedures, and general way of the world? And the way OC's and CA's treat people?; the way banks are allowed to RAPE you and RAKE you over the coals with OBSCENE interest rates because of shaky credit history or worse, BK's...and to boot the debt was washed away LEGALLY, not a mere write-off because you didn't pay; why there is the magical 7 year rule? who's brain child is this anyway???; why do public records stay for longer in most cases?; why should a future employer be able to look at your credit record?!?! dang I don't care if I am in debt past my eyeballs, don't mean I am a bad risk to work for you!! and what's worse is that he WILL find my BK on the CR and what is it his business to know I have a BK???; I realize a lot of laws protect us, the debtor: FCRA, FDCPA, etc but if the "rules" were not as complex and creditors by law had to work with us the allow us manageable solutions rather than sending us to CA's slapping judgments against us, putting leins on properties etc, maybe there would be less people having to have BAD crdit histories. Anyone have anything to add? Anyone like to sign a petition or march on Washington lol??? :)

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Actually, depending on the kind of work you are applying for, the fact that you're in debt up to your eyeballs just may mean that you're a bad risk to work for me.

If you need a government clearance, debt may keep you from getting it. If you need an insurance or securities license, debt (especially bankruptcy) is a big issue. If you are a real estate agent, lawyer, CPA, or anyone who would have access to an escrow account, it's an issue. If you have anything to do with the books or money, it's a major issue. Why? The risk of embezzlement or other activities (espionage in the case of the government) to get money to pay those debts.

3. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

And don't forget that bad credit makes you a higher insurance risk.

So, to summarize, bad credit makes you a bad risk for:

espionage
    sabotage
    terrorism
    auto accidents
    heart attack
    STD's
    Fleas
    Neuritis
    Neuralgia
    Insomnia
    Piles
    Constipation
    Diarhhea
    Sterility
    Insanity

..... and that's just the beginning of the list.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: "Do Not Call" List-if only Mr Bush-

YOU NEVER HAD ANY...
    TICKETS
    ACCIDENTS
    CLAIMS

ONE YOU HAVE BAD CREDIT...YOU WILL HAVE...
    TICKETS
    ACCIDENTS
    CLAIMS