DO NOT WORK FOR CAPITAL ONE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PA, Apr 4, 2000.

1. PA

PA Guest

First of all let me say I am sorry I did not respond sooner to replies to my previous statements but I had an 18 hour day at work and didn't get a chance. And I DO NOT work at Capital One or in the financial services industry, period. I am a Capital One Visa Classic card holder and am very satisified with the service I get. My payments are posted quickly - even two days after I send it! (though it's not taken out of my checking account until about 3 or 4) - I can make payments by automatic debit on the internet which I do for those times when I'm maxed out and need space fast to charge a bargain I find on the net. I also like Capital One because they are extremely sophisticated. I can't tell you how just at the moment I start to think 'i really need a limit increase'.....the offer arrives in the mail without my asking. Most recently, when I started thinking about financing a new car Capital One thru it's subsidiary auto finance company Summit Acceptance offered me up to $30,000 so I could go out and get a car at any dealership, including the Volvo dealership that has the sweet V40 I want. The reason I am passionate about Capital One was because I had lousy credit due to the financial vagrancy of my college days when I was writing 43 cent checks for a Big-Gulp, using a cash advanced from Discover to pay my Citibank minimum payment, and on and on. I went without credit for years, paying cash for everything major, refusing to stoop so low as to ever apply for a secured card. Capital One came to me with a more than reasonable offer and I took it. Being a Capital One customer has improved my standard of living, plain and simple. I have the financial independence I lacked for want of a credit card.

2. Kathy

Kathy Guest

RE: DO NOT WORK FOR CAPITAL ON

Where can I apply for a capital one visa?

3. Russ

Russ Guest

Capital One Cards:

Secured:
    http://www.capitalone.com/apply/secured/

Normal, classic (SILVER I THINK):
    http://www.capitalone.com/servlet/COF?s=02705009008XXCO21XXXMIDCDLSTXX&p=http://www.CapitalOne.com/apply/hp/classic/index.html

or just visit www.capitalone.com/apply

Russ

4. Jeanne

Jeanne Guest

I had a Signet Bank card that I was happy with till Capitol One aquired them. I had nothing but problems with them and everyone I have talked to who has experienced a Capitol One card have had nothing but problems also. If you have bad credit and need to establish your credit standings again go to your local lender and ask for a secured card with a decent interest rate. They will be able to point you to a reputable company.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I Totally disagree'd. The $49 for $250-$400 limit and $99 for $500 limit is the best deal on secured cards. period. Thats a deposit not a fee. You get it back. You can ACH draft money from the website and its prompt. i've probably moved $800 in payments this month without lifting more than a few fingers. Their customer service is top notch.

just fyi. Best and First secured card you should try to get. period end of story. Everyone else so far is a ripoff with the we'll match your deposit to line of credit. baloney!

sam

6. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: Capital One Secured Card

If you deem those companies that offer a 100/100 ratio a ripoff just be glad you are not a resident of say Canada or U.K. where you'd be mortified to know that they typically demand a 125/100 ratio, in other words you'd only get 75 cents credited for each dollar you deposit.

Worse still are offshore cards which require a 150/100 ratio.