Do Online Apps.Get Phone Verif

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kev, Feb 6, 2001.

1. kev

kev Guest

Hi,
    Does anybody know when applying online, which of these banks call you (at home) to verify your info,(ss#,name,addy,income.....). (When your score is 680 and up.)? :

Chase
    Citi
    Next Card
    First National of Omaha
    Wachovia
    B of A
    Juniper
    MBNA
    Wells Fargo
    First USA
    Fleet
    Am/Ex
    Discover

Thank You very very much if you can tell me at least a couple!!!!
    kev

2. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

RE: Do Online Apps.Get Phone V

Juniper,no.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

citibank called my gf, then asked for a copy of the phone bill, because the reverse phone lookup on our telephone did not match directory assistance information.

4. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Nextcard called the two numbers that I gave them. Although, it sounded like a recording which said something along the lines of "This is nextcard acknowledging receipt of your application". Sounds like a security thing making sure I was the one who filled out the app!

chet

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Chase, citibank and macys sent me a letter
    asking for a copy of a telephone bill showing my address and tel number.

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

NextCard called, verified every single item. The rep kept asking me if I was "sure" I didn't have any other cards. Very intimidating. I got declined because they couldn't verify may info. I guess talking to me personally wasn't enough. They wanted a bunch of stuff sent to them, but I declined, I have much better cards with higher limits/better terms and no-one called to verify them.

7. Anne

Anne Guest

Me and my husband apllied the same day, they called 2 days after that they ask to speak with him I told the rep he wasn't home to identidied herself and the purpose of calling and ask di he live at this number and what is the mailing address and that was it.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

In 23+ years of credit ...NEVER have been called...

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

CITI BANK CALLED ME AT WORK AND VERIFIED MY EMPLOYMENT.(SORRY MY ALL CAPS IS STUCK)

10. kev

kev Guest

thanx:Rocky/chet/geo/sam/Jamie

; )