Do they pull all three?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cathy, Jun 5, 2000.

1. Cathy

Cathy Well-Known Member

Hi,

Can you tell me if they pull all three credit reports when you apply for a mortgage?

Cathy

2. kim

kim Well-Known Member

They sure do. It's a consolidated report, I forgot the offical name for it. It gives FICO score (Experian), Empirica score (Transunion) and Beacon score (Equifax). I'm looking at mine while I type. All three have different scores.

Good news, for me anyway. I just spoke with my loan officer, and for those of you that remember I needed to raise my score above 580 to have a chance at a mortgage. Success after 3 months.

My scores were ranging from 537 to 553, he didn't give me my exact scores this time, but they are above 580 (at least one of them is).

I'm so excited, I was really discouraged for a while there. Thanks to all of you for your messages and comments and the advice that I've been following and will remember in years to come. Especially regarding CCB and Providian, for they will surely send me something as soon as MY house hits my credit reports. (Providian hit my sister two months after she moved into her house.)

3. JP

JP Guest

Lenders will pull all 3 reports when you are applying for a mortgage. They will get a score from each. From there it varies from lender to lender. For example, some will take the highest 2 scores and discard the other, while others will require all 3 be above a certain score. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    JP

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congrats Kim on your hard work & your house! :)

5. CardReport

CardReport Guest

Kim wrote:
    >It's a consolidated report, I forgot
    >the offical name for it.

It is sometimes called an "infile."

CardReport.Com - Credit Tools, News, And Reference
    http://www.cardreport.com/

6. JP

JP Guest

So the only way to find out your score is to get a consolidated report? Im curious to know what my credit score is.

Madison

7. Eric

Eric Guest

Scores are not typically disclosed to consumers. They only show up on reports issued to lenders.

Sometimes a cool lender will show you your score, but you'll never get it from the CRAs.

There is some speculation that that may change within the next year or two.

8. kim

kim Well-Known Member

Thanks Miles :).