Do you have a Best Buy card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by amdforever, Sep 17, 2003.

1. amdforever

amdforever Member

If so, what was your score when you applied? Eh?

I wanna know if my chances are good with a 684-700.

2. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

I had scores in the range with Equifax and they approved me for $3.5k.

3. amdforever

amdforever Member

Is that all they check?

There in store system checks just score right?

Any other details?

4. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

That's all I know..They called in the app from the store and a couple mintues later they gave me the approval. I would imagine it is score driven.

5. mark

mark Well-Known Member

it almost seems like if you have any derogs, they will decline. i might be wrong, but that has been my experience.

6. davidpyle

davidpyle Active Member

3100 with a 687 (dispute increased due to incorrect balances) on Equifax

7. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

I have one and work there too. (767 eq and only 800$ limit, they wrote my checks so I can't put household income)

:)

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HAS INCOME AND OTHER INCOME...

You can put the rest of H/H INCOME in the OTHER...they should consider it...IF THEY DON'T CONSIDER IT...THEY WOULD NOT ASK!!!

9. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

good point George

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BEST BUY does NOT issue the credit card HOUSEHOLD issues it...

There is no GUARANTEE that they would check with an employer of BEST BUY...more than any other EMPLOYER...

I have never had anybody call for VERIFICATION OF EMPLOYMENT that I know of...

11. dario1979

dario1979 Well-Known Member

I got on a few months back. My score was 688 on equifax. When I was in the store i went ahead an applied (I thought that I was gonna get turned down) but I applied anyway. Well when the lady was finished typing my information the computer told her to call a credit analyst. I knew for sure that I was going to be declined. turns out that the guy needed to verify my address and a couple of account on my credit report (department store card...macys and my visa) after that the guy asked to speak with the cashier she proceeded to type something in the computer and that was it. When she hung up the phone she said that I had been approved for $3000.00. I said thanks and went shopping. I also checked the box to get the additional card. I was also approved for that card but only for $300.00 (had to wait a few days). Also I applied for the GM Card and was approved for it. my limit on that was 2000.00 so I was pretty happy with that. so if you decide to get the best buy card dont check the extra card its not worth it just go online and apply for the gm card i think you have a better chance of getting it with a better limit. Good Luck

12. GoreyGirl

GoreyGirl Well-Known Member

Be very, very careful with this card. It is backed by Household--in my opinion the very worse company anyone can deal with.

Look at your monthly statements carefully; if you have one of those "no interest until" plans, be sure you pay it off as much in advance of the last payment as possible. Bills for the final payment due mysteriously find ways of coming "late".

Just my two cents....

P.S. Be careful of any mailings from Household for loans that you might get in the mail as a result of receiving this card. For us it was the start of a descent into hell.