DO YOU THINK I WILL GET THIS C

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bgolden, Nov 16, 2000.

1. bgolden

bgolden Guest

I'VE HAD THE PROVIDIAN VISA SINCE THE BEGINNING OF FEBRUARY. I RECENTLY (THIS PAST SATURDAY) APPLIED FOR THE ARIA CARD AND WAS APPROVED FOR A 1000.00. WELL YESTERDAY I RECIEVE AN OFFER FOR THE PROVIDIAN MASTERCARD FOR 1000.00. SO I SIGNED THE PAPER AND MAILED IT. MY QUESTION IS WILL THEY NOT GIVE ME THE MASTERCARD BECAUSE I WAS RECENTLY APPROVED FOR THE ARIA PERSONA CARD? LET ME KNOW YOUR OPINIONS. THANKS

2. April

April Guest

RE: DO YOU THINK I WILL GET TH

I received the same offer on yesterday. The qualification for this card is that you
    1. be in good standing with you previous Visa with them

2. you must have only 1 providian account

So I don't think you will get it.

3. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I had been told in the past that you couldn't have an Aria and a Providian account. Then I was told that you could. Since Aria is considered a seperate division of Providian Financial, they may indeed approve you for the Mastercard. But if they don't, you haven't lost much. The terms suck-no grace period and high APR. I turned the MC offer down and asked for a limit increase on my Visa instead, since the VISA has a 16.99 APR. Still working on that grace period, though.

4. bgolden

bgolden Guest

THATS WHAT I WAS WONDERING TOO. I DIDNT KNOW BECAUSE ARIA IS A DIFFERENT DIVISION OF PROVIDIAN HOW THEY WOULD LOOK AT THAT. WELL, THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING. ANYONE ELSE PLEASE ADD YOUR OPINION TOO. THANKS