Doc's Guide: Credit Repair Firms

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PsychDoc, Jul 13, 2001.

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

I posted parts of this as an answer to another question on this board, but after I was finished writing I realized that this may be helpful to others. (I wish I knew then what I know now, etc., lol...) I'm sure this may be incomplete, but I hope it benefits someone nonetheless. So here, without further introduction, is my handy guide to credit repair firms:

-- Lexington Law Firm, the one I've used with great success. Their eClient program is the one I would recommend at $75 for the initial setup retainer, then $35/month flat fee thereafter for as long as you use them. Basically you order your initial set of credit reports, send them to your assigned paralegal, and they get to work disputing. The dispute results come to you, and you forward that back to your paralegal, and the next "round" starts, and so on. Their record of deletions through the years is very impressive, and their top-notch web site includes useful information even if you don't use them. Find them on the web here: https://www.johnsonlane.com/legalservice/Lexingtonlaw.asp

-- Junum, another popular firm. Junum is not a law firm, and their tactics are similar in some ways (different in others, lol) from Lexington. There has been some concern expressed here lately by several that they have been accidentally disputing positive tradelines (tradelines with nothing negative). On the other hand, Junum repeatedly acknowledges the errors and says that they are working hard to get on top of that. Even so, MANY satisfied Junum users can attest to terrific results, some even crediting Junum for success in becoming homeowners, etc. They charge $14.95 per month (or $24.95 per month for a couple), PLUS $10 per deletion. Their web site is: http://www.junum.com

-- Manhattan Legal Service looks like a Lexington clone but based in New York. I've not seen anyone here comment about their service, but their web site looks good for what that's worth. They charge an initial retainer setup of $75 (like Lexington) and then charge a flat $49.95 per month thereafter. Like Lexington, but unlike Junum, they don't charge an additional per-deletion fee. Their web site is: http://www.manhattanlegalservice.com

-- Bradley Ross is an apparently wonderful outfit with quite a few happy customers. They are a division of the non-profit After Bankruptcy Foundation (afterbankruptcy.org). I'm not sure how they work, but I suspect it's similar to Lexington, Junum, and Manhattan. They charge $60 per month flat fee. Here is their web site (don't leave off the "home.htm" or else you'll need the password, lol): http://www.bradleyross.org/home.htm

-- The Law Offices of Jack L. Schrold. This Florida-based attorney is a thorn in the side of the CRAs because he's so damned effective. A gentleman whose main purpose in life is to badger credit bureaus, he's like Bill Bauer on steroids (more about him next). His zealousness actually got him in legal trouble at one point; among other regulations, the law that credit repair personnel can't bill you BEFORE the services are rendered was enacted because of Mr. Schrold. Equifax wishes the man had never been born. Customers beg to differ. This legend (he was one of the first to do this kind of work, predating Lexington and Junum and the rest by many years) charges a flat fee of $49.95 per month with no up-front retainer fee and no per-deletion fees. His toll-free number is 1-800-929-3311, and his web page is: http://www.wehelpcredit.com

-- CreditWrench by Bill Bauer, noted genius, curmudgeon, and overall nice guy. If you've spent any time at all on this discussion board, you've probably encountered Bill Bauer, a.k.a "CreditWrench." For $49.95, he'll take you under his wing, consult with you by phone and email endlessly, provide incredibly good (and, amazingly, UNIQUE) letters which include his "secret" CreditWrench wording that really does seem to put creditors in a different mental space about the issues at hand. Armed with a few happy customers and a few good testimonials, Bill's tutelage, encouragement, and hands-on guidance are well worth the one-time fee he charges for his time. Bill is not an attorney, and he doesn't offer legal advice per se; you are invited to confirm anything you do vis-a-vis his suggestions with your own professional counsel. Even so, the guy's a creative original. A few of us have consulted with the old CreditWrench as well as utilized one of the credit repair firms; they coexist nicely since Bill focuses on creditors while the credit repair firms focus on the credit bureaus. Bill's web site is: http://www.creditwrench.com

Doc

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Doc:

Actually, I focus on both the Credit Bureaus and the creditor or collection agency.
    I just recommend that one starts with the creditors and collection agencies, get them beaten into a "bloody pulp" and howling for mercy first and once they capitulate and the debt is totally and completely forgiven and wiped off the books, then I go after the credit bureaus and get the deletions done there too. If the credit bureaus can't get a confirmation of the debt because it no longer exists, isn't owed anymore, then the credit bureaus have nothing to report so have no choice but to admit defeat and delete as well.

I think that if one cannot get the whole job done, then they have only done half a job at best.

To the best of my knowledge, no other repair firm does the complete job for such a reasonable price.

I know I am priced entirely too cheaply, but my competitors have been in business a lot longer than I have and I have to have a solid track record of success so that I have a reason to go up on the prices.

So I'm just biding my time.

When I can honestly claim that I have successfuly lifted at least a million dollars worth of debt off the backs of my clients and wiped their credit reports totally clean, then I'll be going up on my prices because I will then be able to confidently feel that I am worth what I am asking for my services.

3. PsychDoc

Re: Doc's Guide: Credit Repair Fi

Bill! Bill! Bill! Is that it! Is that all! Just a correction!? What about the fact that I called you a "genius" (gulp)? What about the fact that I listed you alongside the industry heavyweights? Have I been forsaken here? What am I to make of your momentous critique?

Tearfully, regretfully, and heavyheartedly yours,

Doc :)

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Doc:

listed you alongside the industry heavyweights?

I AM THE INDUSTRY HEAVYWEIGHT!

Have I been forsaken here?

Not at all.

What am I to make of your momentous critique?

Do you happen to have a grain of salt?

5. PsychDoc

Fresh out of salt. Sorry!

Doc

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, without the salt then, I must ask you one simple question.

How many of those others you mentioned have testimony on their websites showing where their customers not only got the listing off the credit bureaus but were also able to force the creditor or collection agency to give up and declare the original debt null and void?

I do better than the bankruptcy courts because the bankruptcy courts might wipe out all one's debts but they will hang a big bad booger on you that's tough to get rid of.

I get the debt wiped out and no 10 year boogers hung around one's neck.

So which of those others you mentioned do that?

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Doc,

This thread was well done.

I was a Junum client for 3 rounds of disputes. They did fine by me.

Jim

8. PsychDoc

Hey thanks, Jim! :)

Doc

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Doc:

I just knocked out Orchard Bank for $1300.
    Off my credit reports and the debt is gone too.

rogerjones just posted that he got Coldata off all his credit reports after he got them beaten into a pulp.

Lots more on the way now.

10. PsychDoc

Way to go, Bill! :)

Doc