Does anyone have an answer to

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shania, Apr 8, 2000.

1. Shania

Shania Guest

Hi,
    Recently I did a balance transfer with Nextcard. I put four credit cards on the account. Now three of them got paid in record time especially since they say it could take up to two weeks. One took 2 days to happen and two of them took 4 days. Now my military credit card after 2 weeks passing by still has not received the payment from Nextcard. I know it was sent out to them or the other three would not havee gotten paid either. I am just wondering if it might of gotten lost in the mail, or if it just needs a little extra time to get to them. I don't think the address was wrong because when I signed up for Nextcard on the internet and asked for balance transfer, they had on the screen already every single credit card that I own and my loan for Gateway. All Nextcard wanted me to do was fill in some missing digits and put in the amount I wanted. Someone please help me if they have any advice on what I should do. Nextcard even gave me a special 800# I could call to check on it, but everytime I call their computers are down. Please what should I do?

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

RE: Does anyone have an answer

Make sure you keep making at least the minimum payments to the card that has not been paid until you verify that they have received payment.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

Make a minimum payment pronto! Always make your min payment especially when it involves Balance Transfers. Maybe the Military Lender is the one being slow. Find out your options for making a min payment,maybe online? This will ensure you do not get hit with a delinquency.

4. Shania

Shania Guest

Hey thank you guys for your advice. I am not too worried about my military card. I always give them a payment and they usually wait 60 days before they go nuts. And they do not have late fees if I was to give them a payment a few days late. I have done that before. Thanks again.

5. Shania

Shania Guest

Hey! I found my answer!

Hey thanks you guys, I found out why it was taking so long for my military card to get the money. Nextcard had an old payment address to my military card company. I first called my mil card and they gave me an address which is located in Arizona, Nextcard had an address for them in Illinois. So I called Nextcard and asked them to stop payment on first check to mil card. I asked them to send out new check for same amount to the new address and they said no problem. When I first asked Nextcard where they got the address for the mil card they said from credit report/organization. They must of had the mil card's old address from a long time ago and just never updated their system. Good thing I called both card comp and asked about mailing info and address. :)