Does anyone know.......

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!

I have a question that I hope someone can assist me with. I just ordered my TU report with score online. I was able to obtain it free because of a recent inquiry from Nextcard.

My score is 725, is this a good score? I know Experian and Equifax scores and what they mean, but Trans Union stumped me. Anyone that can shed a little light on this score would be appreciated.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

900 is tops as far as I know. Your 725 is in the lower end of the "average" good credit range. That starts at about the 700 range. You can start to get the sub prime credit cards after you get your score above 500. The 700 range seems to be for the "common man" with good credit and the 800 and up starts getting into the high end executive and professional people with pretty good salaries. I would almost bet the 900 and up range would be reserved for the Kennedy's, the DuPonts, the Bush family, the High Muckety Mucks in other words.

Now then, most all of the above is just conjecture on my part because I'm just beginning to learn about Fico and scoring and all of that, but I'm trying to piece stuff together as fast as I can so that I can be truly informed on the subject. Maybe someone who knows much more than I do will be kind enough to add to our infomation on the subject.

3. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

I pretty sure TU uses different score model from other two CRA,why?My Experian is at low 700 and my Equifax is at high 600,but my TU score is more than 100 point lower,it's at high 500.All the credit info on my three CRA are the same except there is a car loan which I have paid off in last year on my TU file,so that should make my TU score higher,but it doesn't.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yeah TU is much lower than EFX and EXP.

5. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

This whole score thing is too funny. My TU is only 3 points off from my Equifax but my Experian is much lower.
    Kellie

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

The TU range is actually 150-934, it says that on every report. REMEMBER these are consumer scores, it doesn't really matter because no Creditor, Bank, Mortgage Company, Auto Lender, etc uses them. The only score that you should be really "worrying" about would be a FICO score which currently is only available to consumers at www.myfico.com and uses your information from your EQF file. At this time consumers can not get access to their FICO scores from Transunion or Experian directly.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I understand that the government is working on legislation to force these scores to be made available to the public at no cost. Let us hope so.

I've also heard that California has made it mandatory for them to provide it to Californians free already.

8. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Emperica score on TU runs about 40 to 50 points higher than the TU "consumer score".

I found this out when I applied for something and the lender inadvertently told me my real tu fico score and it was 50 points higher than the TU score.

I have encountered this with other lenders regarding EX CE score and the EQ fico score.

I have no problem with reporting a higher score but why make us think our score are lower than they really are?

ANY THOUGHTS.....

Cypri:)

9. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

My TU is 728. EQ is 656.

10. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Any one see whats wrong with this picture?
    For openers it prices products like so.
    The more you earn the less you pay for them.
    If scoring is a good idea why not use it to price every thing else.
    EXAMPLE
    Your score is 900 you pay 50 cents for a loaf of bread.
    Your score is 800 you pay 75 cents for it.
    Your score is 700 you pay 1 dollar for the bread.

What's right about this?
    Keep in mind that the scrore has nothing to do with credit in either case!

11. lbrown59

That falls way short when the Fico ripoff needs to be totally outlawed!
    This still permits the rip off only difference is you would know the number that rips you off!

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

The solution is that you gotta e-liminate the negative and a-ccentuate the positive.

13. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Cypri,

Are you saying that all 3 of your lender scores are about 50 points higher than your consumer scores?

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I can comment about Tu scores being lower than the other 2 as well. When I got my tri merged report for mortgage I received all the real scores, my EQ was 675, by the way exact match to score power, my experian was 674, and my TU was 626, they all had the exact same info line for line.

Right now my eq is 677, ce although not true but it's the only one we got is 701 and just got my tu score and it's a whopping 622. I believe TU does score lower, on Eq my discover limit is NOT on there and they don't use a high balance for green card, but on TU my limit is there and they use high balance for green card, so you would think TU would be higher, my overall ratios on TU are much lower than Equifax b/c of not reporting the limit or high balance, but nope does work that way atleast with TU.

15. lbrown59

When you have 3 different scores which one will be used against you if creditor pulls all 3 reports?

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

If you asking in regards to a mortgage they throw the high and low one out and base your rates on the middle score. If you apply jointly they take the lower of the 2 middle scores.

17. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Here is what is odd. My TU score is my highest score: 725, Equifax 680, and Experian is 600.

My TU has no lates or collections. I am close to the limit on a few cards but not over. I did a bt from my Chase card.

Equifax has 2 accounts with lates. My previous car, and my electric bill.

Experian is a different story. 2 collections, and 2 accounts with lates. That is why my score is so low.

18. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Had to post on this thread...my scores have nearly a 100 point spread-

TU-630s...no collections, one active account w/ several lates deleted, several student loans listed twice, making it look like I owe 2X as much as I do...

EQ-608- for the last two months, had some lates deleted here and there...but one collection account w/DLA from 1997...

EX-540s-and I have hovered there for nearly 2 months. Two account deletes w/lates, no collection, one transferred LOC account still listing as "30 days late". Yes, I am fighting this one....but if not for that one entry, I would say that EX should be my best-instead, its my worst.

I recently applied for Target-and, as luck would have it, they pulled EX-DENIED! I think I am the only person I have seen get denied for this card. Bummer.

19. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

You aren't the only one denied for a Target card !!!! There are at least two....LOL

20. lbrown59

Mort. and all other purposes.