Does BMG music report?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by leo728, Nov 15, 2001.

1. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

one question, a couple of years ago I joined the BMG music club, the one where you get 12 free cd's and you have to buy 4 at full price.

Well I ended up not buying all 4 cd's. I keep on getting a letter from a collection agency wanting money from me.

Now I was wondering if anyone has had a similiar experience. I don't want to pay them, since they don't seem to report to any credit agencies.

The debt is only about 130 bucks. Get that 4 cd's for $130, no way I am paying that much.

2. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

Good grief, leo! 4 CD's for the bargain price of $130?? Must be a subsidiary of the store selling $200 peaches, LOL.

If there's a collection agency after you, my guess would be that it would show up on your reports, but I'm not really sure. I had no idea that BMG or any of those clubs would sic a collector on you! Geez.

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

The collection letter comes like once in a blue moon. The standard, this is a atempt to collect a debt thing. I don't think they will report, because I have ignored them for 3 years lol.

But I just wanted to see if anyone else has these kind of experiences and how they have proceeded.

I can pay anytime, but I am afraid they will get sneaky and put a paid collection on my reports.

So for now I just keep on ignoring them.

4. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

If it's a couple years old, I'd sic a gigantic "validate or die pig-scum" letter on them.

Considering BMG is a joke of an organization, I can only IMAGINE what clowns they hired to do their collecting.

<picturing clowns sitting in cubes making harassing collection calls...i crack me up>

DB :)

5. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

They have nothing on you more than an address,& no requirement for ss #,dl #,or anything of that sort.

How can they "prove" you owe it ? To say that the US Postal Svc delivered it w/o Proof of delivery is not acceptible.

$130.00 for 4 cd's is incredible,& they tell the US Postal svcs to DESTROY them if you move & file change of address.

Sister Girl

6. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

No, they don't report negative information to any three CRA. They use their own Colecc agency. Do a search on this board. It was posted several months ago.

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

actually, they have info on me, I was required to give them my credit card info, but that card has long since been closed.

I will take geos word for it and ignore them.

8. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

They and Columbia house do report derogs. My ex boyfriend got a bunch of memberships, got ripped in a similar way, and now can't get even a Providian.