Does Cap1 report commercial card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PsychDoc, Sep 9, 2003.

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

I just received a bit of junk mail from Capital One soliciting for their commercial credit card. I realize the inquiry will go on my report(s), but does anyone know if they report the commercial card month-to-month to the bureaus? Frankly, I would like an unreported credit line since I have too many reported lines already. Thoughts?

Doc

2. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

300 dollar cl won't report limits wow don't let this one get away doc!!!!!

3. BlueRidge

BlueRidge Well-Known Member

As Willgator said, no reporting, but no decent limits either. My wife and I got 500 and 1000 from Cap 1 (about 1/20 of other CLs).

Cap 1 responded by saying they were simply more conservative than many other issuers.

4. PsychDoc

Interesting -- so Capital One does not report the commercial cards, but on the other hand they're darned stingy with their LOCs. My Equifax FICO is 773 (with some downward fluctuation if the score is pulled while a balance is reported by Chase or Citibank) -- I wonder if that will have any bearing. (In early 2001 before Creditnet, that same score was 564, so my success in that regard is directly attributable to this board of course.)

Doc

5. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

But why do you want that card Psychdoc? Do you really need a $300 cl?

6. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

I'm starting about where you started with my fiance's credit. I only pulled one score (from eloan) and it was 563.

I'm not paying for another score report until I get a couple more things off, but I just started this in May of this year.

It's good to know that we could conceivably be in the 700's in another year or two.

7. PsychDoc

Re: Re: Does Cap1 report commercial card?

Their promotional brochure promises LOCs up to $20k, but perhaps that's baloney. I think I'll stay away.

I'd like a business credit card that won't report (to avoid the FICO fluctuations) with a line of at least $10k-$20k. SoParkDiva, what would you recommend?

Doc

8. SoParkDiva

Re: Re: Re: Does Cap1 report commercial card?

Citibank, Chase, Bank One. Those are good business cards but make sure they don't report before you apply.

9. shawbee

shawbee Well-Known Member

we have business cards with C.one and we got them to combine credit limits on 2 cards through PFB. It's 5900. They don't report and our apr is 10%. We also have Bank of America. They also don't report. Apr is also 10%. However our fico is not as good as yours

10. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

DOC If your serious which I dought amex blue for biz gave me 22,900 out of the blocks and doesn't report also the quicken biz card is a crowd fav .....me, manny ,mark la ...big cls

11. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Doc,

AmEx Blue for Business is your choice. I've got one too and they don't report. Just forget everything else.

12. PsychDoc

Great advice. Well, a colleague recommended Bank of America today, so I applied by phone, however the guy told me that since I didn't have an offer number (from a promotional mailing, I guess) that I would have to wait 5-7 days for the result by mail. We shall see! I should have waited for the great advice here -- I may still apply for AmEx Blue for Business given the wholehearted rec afforded by will and Plat here. Thanks again, will keep everyone posted.

Doc

13. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Good Luck Doc!

14. moneyelf

moneyelf Well-Known Member

But, do the buiness cards not report to Dun & Bradstreet? This is new to me, this particular business card info. How is it that these cards don't report to the Big 3 if not even to D & B? Do they put it in writing? Am not shopping, but very curious.

15. SoParkDiva

Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Cap1 report commercial card?

The business cards don't report to the big 3 because the big 3 are consumer credit bureaus.

16. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

moneyelf,

When people mention "reporting" here, they're almost always referring to reporting to the Big 3 consumer CRA's. Few people would mind business cards reporting to business CRA's, so it just isn't an issue...

...unless you're TRYING to establish a business credit file, in which case the best way to make sure it gets reported is to make sure the application asks for a business tax ID number.

17. Mark LA

Mark LA Well-Known Member

Re: Does Cap1 report commercial car

Doc - out of all my biz cards - Bofa gave me the highest intial cl - 35K.

After bofa - i'd recommend either chase or amex - both of them also gave farily high initial cls.

Interesting tidbit regarding Chase and Amex:

I applied for a second biz card from both companies after about 6 months.
    Chase's second biz card was approved for a higher cl than the first (25K - the first card was 18K)

Amex's second biz card was approved for a lower cl than the first (10K - the first was 20K).

my scores were about the same on both cras (TU and Eq)