Does Citibank offer Visa also?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Geo, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I see Mastercards only in their site, how could I apply for a citibank Visa?

2. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Re: Does Citibank offer Visa a

Can we have two platinum select MC?

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Can we have two platinum select MC?

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

yeah you can have two MC's.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I head that Citibank is phasing out their Visa's and eventually will convert to MC. I have a Visa and have had it since 92.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

You can several accounts with them, but I don't believe you can have 2 of the same product (platinum).

Mom

7. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

There is not much of a difference btween Visa and MC, except that MC is accepted at about 2 million more locations than Visa. Unlike AMEX or Discover, the brand does not really make a difference, but rather which bank services the Brand. Citibank is converting all their Visa cards to the MC portfolio due to some servicing problems with Visa.

8. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Geo,
    My understanding is Citibank felt visa was charging them too much,asked for a reduction which came back ,no way.
    Citi was first supposed to stop mass issueing visa cards.
    The next step for them was to issue another credit card brand that they would own so the fee thing would be a non event.Expect the other shoe to drop very quickly.Visa,I think,is pushing a weaker hand.My estimates are that citi has about 71 million plus cc acounts.To give you an idea of that size,chase has about 34 million cc accounts,not including
    lizardking's new card.Oh Yeah,all IMHO.

9. 777

777 Guest

Citibank offers mastercards only.No more visa's they quit doing visa's about 3 years ago,because of visa charging high fees for them to continue offering the card name.

10. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Both my parents recently converted their 2cd AA airlines mastercards to the
    Platinum Select and both were asked if they wanted a mastercard or
    visa. They chose visa, since they had already converted the 1st AA card
    to the platinum select mastercard.

It may be true that Citi is phasing out the visa brand, but as of last week they
    are still offering it to customers.

Marci

11. the other

the other Well-Known Member

You can have more than one citibank platinum select. I have a MC and a Visa.

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Geo,
    Citibank is no longer to offer Visa about two years ago.

Ron.

13. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

I just received an upgrade to Citi Platinum M/C from the Classic Visa. They did ask me if I was fine with the change from Visa to MasterCard. Said yeah its okay. Got my card and all is well.

14. anon

anon Guest

Visa or Mastercard---does it really matter what you have and which one is offered??? If you have Citi platinum select that is Visa, it is no different than MasterCard--all that matters is the bank that issues the card

15. rick

rick Well-Known Member

They do issue VISA cards through Citibank USA (formerly Travelers Bank) and through The Associates. There might be some VISA cards issued through regular Citibank Channels but they prefer the MC branding now. By the way, they also issue Diners Club.