Does First Premier bite?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by author_22, Oct 13, 2001.

1. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine who also had some credit problems wants to rebuild. He alienated Sterling, FCNB, and basically most everyone but First Premier. Does this bank use CCB tactics? I told him I wouldn't pay for their "unsecured" card and would take a secured card first so he doesn't lose his money forever. My big questions are: do they play games crediting payments? Do they ever increase? Does it report as secured?

Steph

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

More than a Big Mac! Expect a $250 limit with $250 worth of fees charged the day the card comes!
    I think the max they ever get to is $1000.

Go to search and check them out. I know they do report, etc.

Steph, what did your friend do to alienate STERLING?
    They secure all cards 100% - what happened?

It sounds like First Premier or Centenniel Card (same card different name) are the choices.

later - dogman

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Silly wabbit charged it way over the limit with AOL and their products.

Paid it months late.

Steph

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

AOL - love it! LOL!!! Dogman

5. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

I have a 1st Primier secured since 01/01..

Secured it w/$300
    Horrid (23%) interest, but I pay it off monthly
    Does *not* report as secured, and REPORTS MONTHLY
    Does not report true limit (high limit)
    *NO* online site/payment--but damned good phone support
    After 6 mos of paying off/or carrying a rediculous low balance (like $50 or less), I called for a line increase.. they gave me just $100 with no hard inquiry
    Also, they did tell me that on my 1 yr anniver. that they would switch it to unsecured...we'll see.
    No hate calls, and never reported me as paying late, even tho I have paid it off a couple of days late.

I am keeping it as it is my oldest tradeline, but its a gonner in another year or so...

Deb

6. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Deb,

First Premier has a monthly maint. fee, 23% APR, and a ton of fees that arrive often before your card does. They are anything but a decent bank, and I would put them in the same category as Crooks Country...companies that essentially engage in theft by deception. I would recommend Orchard Bank....online payments, no hidden fees or monthly maint. charges.

7. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I have had this card since 4/01. 750$ credit limit intially. Yes there are up front fees, but I think it was more like 149$.

I don't know about line increases. As this is month 6 for me, I am waiting to see if they offer a CL increase on their own-if not, I'll ask in a month or two. I have never had any problem getting my payments credited-but they will present your check electronically, so don't send it on Tuesday if you get paid friday expecting lag time. They also have an option to pay on the phone, w/ a 5$ charge. There is also a monthly fee.

Is this card Prime? Of course not. Interest rate is 18%. But it is far better than FNCC, which you see advertised on the right. I got this card w/ <500 fico lots of lates >1 year old. It has helped me some, but at that point of the game, I needed a few more positives on my report.

8. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I don't know what kind of card I got from them, but mine is secured with $200 (also the limit), 19.9%APR, no monthly maint. fee, no upfront fees. As a matter of fact, I got the card in the mail and had the whole $200 available to me.

They report as unsecured and, have been very good to me. I applied online and got the card in April 2001. They gave me a secured card when Cap One wouldn't. (Cap One's loss, right?)

Anyways, nothing but good things to say about them.