Does Fleet Report To All 3...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CardKid, Apr 26, 2001.

1. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

I just learned that I was approved for a $4,000 line with Fleet. Do they report to all three bureaus? Also, is the credit line reported or just your highest balance?

Shocked and Excited!
    CardKid

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Does Fleet Report To All 3

which bureau did they pull?

3. CardKid

I live in Georgia. I see the inquiry on my Trans Union report. They did not pull Experian. As for Equifax, I'm waiting on an update (to send to Lex Law). When it arrives, I'll post if Fleet inquired or not.

Thanks.
    CardKid

4. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Fleet reports their line of credit to all three Bureaus.
    They also report credit limits,current balance,high balance payment due and last payment.
    A credit line or overdraft is a nice thing to have.
    Downside
    18.9%APR
    Going over 50% into the L/C rips your FICO hard.
    Fleet customer service is extremely sub-standard.
    One of Fleets worst indignations is to try to generate as many late fees as inhumanly possible by only posting your minimum payment and payment due date only 5-9 days before its due.
    Fleet is merging with Wochovia(sp) which will make your CRAs a disaster (ie Fleet acct Closed /transferred to other lender.
    They did this to me when they took over Bankboston
    and I still fighting with the CRAs.

VJ

vj

5. CardKid

If the bill is paid online, will Fleet post the full payment? Or, will they still hold a portion until the actual due date?

Capital One will post the full payment in about 48 business hours. Plus, multiple payments can be made before the due date without any hassles.

Thanks for your reply.
    CardKid

6. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Fleet Insults to Injury

More Details...
    Fleet is buying/merging with Wachovia,a well respected bank. The complication is the name of the new bank won't be Fleet, it's going to be Wachovia.
    Existing Fleet accts will all be reported as closed transferred acct.the line on sits on your report as open with your balance as of that day of merger with payment due .00 Balance Due $2500.00 and then they stop reporting on that acct just leaving it to look like defaulted and they just gave up getting paid.
    Next they will open a new line on your credit report by Wachova with a new open date of the merger.

VJ

7. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Re: Fleet Insults to Injury

vj,I thought First Union is buying Wachovia...

8. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Bank one is buying Wachovia credit card business.

9. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

And yes cash payments at the branch are updated in real time, checks and online about 2 days, retroactive to when you made the payment.
    Here 's why fLEET IS REALLY BAD.
    Lets say your billing cycle date is on april 10. The
    due date will be april 19.If you made a payment on april 8 it DOESN'T count towards your minimum payment due by april 19 and they will charge you a late fee.
    REALLY BAD implied corporate mission statement.
    Wachova and Fleet have sold off their cc operations to generate needed cash.

VJ

10. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Your right ,trying to talk on 2 phones and a cell phone and at the same time and type is not good.
    (should also stop chewing gum)
    Fleets buying summit bank.Everything else is correct.

11. CardKid

Does this mean that I should wait until the merger is complete before I use the card? Can the credit line be lowered or closed by Wachovia when they take over?

Thanks.
    CardKid

By the way, First Union's credit card portfolios were purchased by MBNA America.

12. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

No,use the card.Things got wild here this morning .
    Infact, use the card as soon as possible for something small to activate your card and get april as date of first activity on CRAs.
    You have a cc, not a overdraft line of credit.
    Fleet would lower credit line if you miss a payment to them or another credit grantor,or bounce something in your demand deposit acct (ie Checking)

vj

13. the other

the other Well-Known Member

doesn't report to Experian

Fleet doesn't report to Experian for my finace's account. He called to complain, and they just told him that sometimes they report to all 3 and sometimes they don't.

14. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Re: doesn't report to Experian

If its a good account you can insist they report to all three. Call Fleet first,ask for dispute dept.,they will give you a dispute # and send you a letter in the mail to fill outand send back their resolutions.
    If you want to write;

Fleet Services Corporation
    Retail Loan Services
    PO Box 3092
    Utica,NY 13599-4105

If all else fails send Experian a dispute with a copy of his monthly statement,highlight amount payment acct # ...

VJ

15. CardKid

Re: doesn't report to Experian

I called Fleet again to find out exactly what card I was approved for. It's the Fleet Gold Fusion card with a smart chip. They also said that when I receive the card, I could log on to the site and get a card reader for safe shopping online. So far, Fleet's been pretty friendly.

Thanks for the input everyone. I've learned so much here at Creditnet.

CardKid