Does Nextcard call to verify infor?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Geo, May 17, 2001.

1. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

-If I am approved online. Does Nextcard call to your home or work to verify the information?

Question2:
    -Does anyone know if the e-loan score still pulls a hard inquire on Experian ?

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Yes, Nextcard called me to verify my information. When they couldn't contact me the status on their website asked me to send in a utility bill. I called them at their 800 number and they asked me a couple of questions to verify my identity and I didn't have to send anything in.

I don't know if the inquiry from eloan is still hard, but the hard inquiry on my Experian report from them has still not been removed.

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

They did verify my emploment - BUT - get this - it was a computer voice from Nextcard saying they were just verifying employment, and that no response was necessary.

It was hilarious - the Nextcard computer left a message on my company computer's voicemail.

I got the card in about a week, but then had selected a Lake Tahoe picture card design - which costs an extra $9.95 but looks kewl.

You can upload your own pix to Nextcard - I wanted to upload an OLD BANKAMERICARD PHOTO - I thought it would be dynamite having a "RETRO"
    Visa . BUT they say no brand name stuff :)

4. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Yes they called me at work and left a message. I returned the call answered a couple of questions and that was that.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WANTED A PEPSI CAN ON MINE!!!!!!

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NEVER HAD ANY CREDIT CARD CALL EVER...

BUT IN THE "FINE PRINT" SAYS THEY CAN.

7. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Question2:
    -Does anyone know if the e-loan score still pulls a hard inquire on Experian ?

Just got mine this week. It now pulls a soft inquiry and now E-Loan says that when you input your info.

Hope

8. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I got mine about two months ago. They gave me instant approval but called me at work the next day to verify everything in the application plus more.

9. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I got mine yesterday. I also got the computer voice call. One at home and one at work.

10. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Thanks Much for your responses!!!