Does Providian respond to PFB?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KHM, Oct 29, 2001.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I sent an email almost a week ago thru PFB to Providian and I haven't received a response anyone had luck with them?
    KHM

2. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

KHM,

I sent a letter via planet feedback also, and I haven't heard anything either. It has been 2 weeks. If I don't hear something soon, I am going to transfer my balance to my new chase card and close my account.

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I PFB Providian and got a phone call from thier executive office. This took about 5 working days.

Not sure what the mood is with all Providian problems.

Best regards,
    Mirage

4. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Same here i got a call as well with NO help!

5. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Yes. This is the only way I got action from providian. This was about 2 months ago...I got my interest rate reduced, upgrade to gold, annual fee waived, and grace period.

The PFB is addressed to the CEO however, who is no longer w/Providian, so I am uncertain as to what is currently going on w/ them. But w/ my experience they called within a week of my PFB complaint.

6. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Be persistent. Threaten to resend your PFB letter everyday and then make due on your promise. Trust me; you'll get a response soon enough.

7. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Yes, I wrote them about the GetSmart APR, and they lowered it 5 points. That was the only way I ever got anything done with the company! Good luck, PFB is a blessing!

8. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

My husband sent them Letter thru PFB since September 25, 2001. There is no response yet. Sending about remove late payments.

Aux

9. SD

SD Well-Known Member

I sent them a letter about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything either. I've had success on my Getsmart and Providan Gold Visa thru PFB, but I need the interest reduced on my new Gold MC. I will resend the letter now.

SD

10. NiceGuy

NiceGuy Well-Known Member

matty61184,

What did they lower your APR to?

11. Om

Om Well-Known Member

It took about 2 weeks before I heard anything. I also received a letter, after the call, stating that I would be contacted soon. I would post the number they left on my answering machine but I threw it out yesterday.

-Om

12. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

This might have something to do with the lack of response:

Summary of News Article: Providian Stock Loses Half of Value

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) Providian Financial Corp.'s stock lost more than
    half its value Friday amid worries that the once thriving credit card
    company has fallen into an insurmountable hole....

13. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

And the CEO was recently ousted....

14. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Only question is...who is the letter going to since Mehta is gone? HMMMMM =O!

15. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

I sent a letter via PFB on Sept. 24th and I have heard nothing, nada, zip! Resending is a very good idea. Thanks!

cariba

16. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

I sent a letter about 2 wks ago re: my charged off account and wanting to make arrangements. They called me today and said they would "pull" my account back from the collection agency and call me back tomorrow to set up arrangments.

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AUGUST 5th...NOTHING...