Does Shell report to the cra's

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by myong, Mar 3, 2001.

1. myong

myong Active Member

I just recently got a shell credit card. Just the regular one, not a visa or mastercard. I wondered if anyone here has had one, and whether they report to the cra's or not. I should have checked this out before I applied for it, since I only wanted it for building credit.

Thanks for any input.

Myong

2. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Re: Does Shell report to the c

Shell from Chase or Associates ? I have a Associates Shell credit card and never shows up on my credit file.

3. myong

myong Active Member

It's from the associates. Have you ever called and asked for them to report.

thanks for replying

4. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

no.I have nine trade lines so I don't need more.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My SHELL never did in CALIFORNIA...

No SHELL in COLORADO, so I closed it.

6. myong

myong Active Member

I only got the card to help build credit, now it appears that it doesn't. Are there any other gas cards that do report to the cra's? I've only had this card a couple of months, if I cancel it, will it affect my credit. This is all new to me, so forgive me for my lack of understanding.

thanks

7. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Shell and Texaco are now one, or so I hear--BUT when I called Texaco about a late payment, they said they didn't report UNLESS YOU ASKED THEM TO and then they will. I would try that since you can use the cards interchangably now.
    am

8. myong

myong Active Member

Thanks everyone. I'll call them on monday and ask if they will report.

9. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Hi ..
    I reguards to the Regular shell card they do not report I called and asked and they said they didn't that was about 6 months ago .

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I had Shell credit card for a year and the Associates never report to the credit bureau except they report to the credit bureau if you don't pay or pay late. I think they state on the back of the Shell monthly statement and I used it one time ever since I got it. It doesn't help to build your credit and from tome to time they mail convience checks. Thos check APR charge sky high interes something like 24% or something. I'm thinking to cancel it in the future.I stuck my card in my wallet and never use it.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I think Mobil, Exxon, Ultramar Diamond Shamrock are reporting to credit bureau each month.

12. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Which gas card is the easiest

to get? I would like to apply but scared due to some neg info on my report.

13. river

river Well-Known Member

Re: Which gas card is the easi

Mother2,try for the Chevron card,if you have Chevron gas stations where you're at.I applied for regular and ask rep if I didn't qualify for regular card was there anyway I could be considered for "Credit Builder" card and was approved and got 200.00 limit,but with this card,you will have a annual fee of 50.00 or 35.00 and after a year of good payment history they will waive annual fee.Chevron bought Texaco.

14. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

I will try and keep you posted.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Thank you.

I think Exxon Card is easy to get even if you have negative on your credit report.