DOGMAN...Please Answer!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TurningCre, Jul 19, 2000.

1. TurningCre

TurningCre Guest

Dogman,

I have been working backwards through the posts trying to piece together your story about acquiring your new AMEX Green Card. Looks like maybe some of the posts are no longer here. Will you please summarize again?

From what I've gathered you had some kind of AMEX checking acct (?). You then manage to talk to a rep who advised you to pay off an AMEX charge-off (?). After paying the debt you got approved for the unsecured card(?).

I see your post outlining your credit at the time you applied howver I can't find the post that lead to someone asking had you heard from AMEX yet. I too have an AMEX charge-off but it's over 7 yrs old and no longer on my credit. I called them and they said I owed $2000 but I could apply for the secured Optima. Please re-cap your success. Thanks a million.

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Here It is - AMEX

1. I never had paid my AMEX bill
    from 20 yrs ago. I paid it - and the Rep knew I was going to pay it. She watched for it. I told her I hoped that maybe I couyld get a Secured Optima after that - but either way - watch for the check. I wanted to clear up this past mistake.

2. I also had a Chap 13 in 96 due to medical. When I explained to the Rep medical was the reason, she told me she'd try to help me get a Green Card - regular
    AMEX status.

3. I had also opening an AMEX Bank with checking and savings - but the Rep said that had nothing to do with my current approval.

4. She said the main reason she approved me was due to the fact that I paid the balance -
    not knowing or really even expecting to get
    another card.
    She liked the fact I told her I'd screwed up and now wanted to make it right - then hopefully re-establish a business relationship again.

When she looked at my credit prior to the Chap 13, she said I could have either a no limit charge card or a revolving charge.
    I took the Green Card.

It is being reported, and she also told me my credit would improve because they would re-enter the old AMEX acct as Paid as Agreed. Additionally, she told me to add
    the 100 word statement to my credit reports and tell them I declared due to medical.

It was and still is the BEST customer experience I have ever encountered.

3. TurningCre

TurningCre Guest

RE: Here It is - AMEX

Dogman,

Where is AMEX Bank?

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

go to americanexpress.com
    then membership banking

5. C

C Guest

AMEX itself is not a bank, but the one they deal with is called Centurion. I have never been able to find it though. I think it's like Capital One, a non-chain bank, but don't take my word on that.