Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flyingifr, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

I just had the most unreal conversation with Paula#30431 (that's all she would give me) at MyFico.com

I tried to get a FICO score against my Equifax file but myFico was unable to provide it (due to EFX locking my file due to litigation). That didn't stop MyFico from deducting the $12.95 from my bank account. I e-mailed them requesting a refund since they could not provide the product I ordered. They e-mailed me back suggesting I call Equifax and gave me a phone number. The number was to MyFico. I called.

I stated my case and Paula told me to fax a copy of my bank statement to them. I asked for a physical addres I can mail one to CMRRR. She REFUSED to give one. All I could get out of her was that they are in Northern California!!!! And THAT much took ten minutes and some round about questioning to get from her.

Paula suggested I contact the Federal Trade Commission. I asked if the FTC would give me their address, Paula said "no". Paula then suggested I contact the Better Business Bureau to get MyFico's address. That's when I asked which affiliate would be their local affiliate and she let it slip out about Northern California.

I can't believe they keep their address such a secret. Paula wouldn't even give out her Area Code!!!!

Well.... I am sure the California Corporation Commission has not only an address for MyFico.com but also a Statutory Agent for service of summons, and the SA's address. Now I'm suing MyFico for the $12.95 just because they decided to be pricks about it.

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Here's the address and phone# of their Worldwide headquaters. This is a public traded Corp.

Worldwide Headquarters
    Fair Isaac Corporation
    200 Smith Ranch Road
    San Rafael, CA 94903 USA
    TEL: +1 (415) 472 2211
    FAX: +1 (415) 492 5691

There are several address and phone numbers linked to Californina. I'm not from California so I not really sure which is which.

Best regards,
    Mirage

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I suggest that if you don't thru the procedure they give for refunds, be it b.s. or not, you'll get nowhere with a lawsuit.

4. Flyingifr

Sorry, but it's not Fair Isaac & Co.

MyFico's address is:

MyFico Consumer Services Inc.
    1350 Treat Boulevard
    Walnut Creek CA 94596

Statutory Agent:

Nancy Fraser
    200 Smith Ranch Road
    San Rafael CA 94903

5. Flyingifr

I will, but they will have a VERY short time frame to comply.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHY NOT CHARGE IT BACK...

It is just the same as if you ordered some CD's and they NEVER SHOW UP...you dispute the charge with your bank...

7. Flyingifr

Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

Ordinarily I would but this is now a matter of principle. I believe they are due an expensive lesson in customer relations and just charging back $12.95 doesn't cut it. Let's add $19 in Filing fees plus whatever it costs them to defend the suit. Being an corporation they have to be represented by an attorney. ITS letter goes out tonight, giving them 14 days to refund. Heaven help them if they file an answer, I'll send them on a long and laborious document search in my Pre-Trial Discovery Motions.

8. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

Damn, you just dont give up do you? hehehe

I hope everything is going well in your suit.

GL

9. Flyingifr

Re: Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

Funny thing is - I now have evidence that both CRA's that I'm suing have deleted the offending entries that I sued them for not deleting, but I'm not dropping either suit just on general principle. In fact, tonight I will be typing up a Motion for Summary Judgement against Equifax since their Answer was legally deficient.

Now..... if only Experian would screw around with me I could be suing all three at the same time!!!!!

My motto in life is "Don't F*ck with me, I F*ck back"

10. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

I like her style.

11. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

Hope I can stay on your good side. <grin>

12. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

I just love how they deny EVERYTHING. Even signing for a CMRRR.

There is a house I wanted to buy but I got denied a mortgage based on my EQ CR. Now I can't even buy a house that I have been working on buying for the last 6 months. $100,000 mortgage. Simply amazing.

13. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Buying a house? 100k? whats your score?

Any BK? how long since?

Any negative addtions to CR in last 24 months?

I may be able to point you in the right direction for a mortgage.

I just got approved yesterday for a mortgage. If I can do it then anyone can!

SnakeMan

14. trish6103

trish6103 Well-Known Member

Snake, could you hook me up with the name of the company???

15. Genius1

Genius1 Active Member

yep me too - got approved for a $185,000 mortgage at @ 2.35% based on 20% down and my high credit scores

it's funny about six months ago my scores we hovering around 620 average - until I started my campaign to rid my file of all the negatives.

the only derog still remaining is an $85 charge which was paid in 1998 that the creditor refuses to delete with TU even after I provided a photocopied cancelled check - mortgage company didn't even care.

16. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

I'd like to know more about mortgage companies that will work with higher risk folks (lower scores - whatever)

17. georgiaboy

georgiaboy Well-Known Member

Flyingifr, Can you tell me where you found this information?

"Being an corporation they have to be represented by an attorney."

Also, is this applicable in all states or just some?, do you have any links that specifically state , which States require a Corp to have an attorney to represent them?

Do you know if this is applicable to all courts including small claims??

18. Flyingifr

It is a universal tenet of law.The premise is that a Corporation, being an artificial person, cannot speak at a trial like a natural person can, so there has to be a natural person in Court to speak for an represent the corporation. That person is a lawyer.

It is applicable in virtually all courts - the exception being Small Claims as a Plaintiff where in many jurisdictions corporations CANNOT be at all. Here in Arizona both parties have to sign an agreement allowing an attorney to represent a Corporation in Justice Court.

19. gretchen

gretchen Well-Known Member

Flyingifir,

Okay, my bad.

I understand that you are having problems with EQ but I do not understand why you state that we should not use myfico.com. If in okay stances with the CAs then is it okay?

20. Flyingifr

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

"If on okay circumstances......" is the operative statement here.

Would YOU willingly do business with a company whose policy is to NOT divulge its mailing address in the event of a problem? Your only contact with them would be through the anonymity of a telephone call, a fax or an e-mail? I get nervous dealing with a company that secretive.