Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flyingifr, Sep 18, 2003.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

There is no discovery in small claims court in Az.

2. gretchen

gretchen Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

Flyingfir,

Gottcha. ;-) I am still contending with an attitude that money grows on trees. Like, I can risk losing $12.95 in order to get a real FICO score. Also, as I see it I would not be doing business with the CRAs, either.

Certainly not my area of knowledge but doesn't it bother you that a judge is going to know that you are suing based on "principle". Just seems wrong in my book and yet I admire your daring.

$12.95! Gee, I blew more on two overpriced cups of Starbucks coffee this afternoon.

I know everyone says we have rights and are protected but I would be concerned about rupercussions down the road after suing someone.

In most business cases, it is my guess a company no longer does business with the person that sued them, you know? a matter of "principle".

3. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

I have given that some thought, and I came to the following conclusions:

1: They are not the only place I can get a FICO score, so who cares if they refuse to do business with me in the future. It's not like they are the Electric company.

2: My credit repair will take another 2 years, then it's over. At that point I won't need FICO scores like I do now - just copies of my credit reports. The CRA's cannot refuse to send me a credit report under FCRA.

3: At present I am also in litigation aganst Equifax and TU. Equifax HAS cut me off from my credit report, and after the present litigation is over I will sue them AGAIN over that.

4: Suing can be lots of fun, and profitable also as long as you have a prima facie case.

5: $12.95 suits are what small claims court made for.

4. texan

texan Well-Known Member

A felon have more rights and legal weapons to fight with than someone who is attempting to repair their credit file. The credit bureaus and associated companies have more freedom t hide, cover-up and harass than do the State's judicial systems.

What a wonderful country!

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I'm still interested in why or how you can get to them with discovery motions when no discovery is allowed in small claims?

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

There's also the question of how this can be both "a $12.95 suit" and "profitable." They seem to be mutually exclusive.

I think he could either sue for $12.95, or sue for $12.95 plus damages. In the latter case, maybe he could get out of small claims court and have some fun with discovery or other motions.

7. Flyingifr

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

Simple - by amending the Complaint above the limits for Small Claims abd asking for Exemplary Damages, moving it to County Court and then filing the motions.

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

OK. I asked because you didn't say that in your original post and with the $19 fee you posted, that was clearly small claims.

9. Phreedom

Phreedom Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

Flyingfr, can you recap your lawsuits or point to previous threads? I'm interested in reading how your suit evolved. Thanks

10. Flyingifr

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't buy from MyFico.com!!!

OK. there are 3 suits currently pending:

SEARS: Unauthorized hard inquiry. They charged off account and sold it in 3/1999, debt discharged in BK 7/2001, pulled hard inquiry without authorization 10/2002. Sears has retained counsel here in Tucson and has filed a non-responsive answer, moved the case to Superior Court and generally seems to like throwing a lot of good money aftrer bad. I am preparing a Deposition and a Discovery Motion that will send them on a very extensive paper chase. They have not responded to my settlement offer.

EQUIFAX: Refuses to remove Arrow Financial Services trade line even though Arrow sent them a UDF requesting delete after I successfully sued Arrow for posting a debt that was not mine, and verifying it twice. Second cause of action against Equifax for fraud - they informed me in writing that Arrow verified the trade line, Arrow notified me in writing that Equifax never notified them that I had disputed trade line and, had they been notified, they would have said "delete" since all records of me having an account with them have been purged. They have filed an answer that was non-responsive to the Causes of Action, signed by someone who apparently does not have standing to represent Equifax in Court Pleadings. I am preparing a Motion to Strike Answer and a Motion for Summary Judgement.

TRANS UNION: Unauthorized pull by Info1/Credit Decisions. TU refuses to delete unauthorized hard inquiry. Summons is out for service.

I realize you can't tell the lawsuits without a scorecard.

ITS letters outstanding:

MyFico.com: Refusal to refund $12.95 fee for Equifax FICO score which they were unable to provide. This is a matter of principle - they tried to conceal their address when it is a matter of pubic record. I figure an expensive lesson in customer relations and honesty is in order.