Don't forget millcbs database

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by breeze, May 29, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hey y'all,

http://www.millcbs.com

It's accessable today. Don't forget to update the inquiry database if you've gotten your reports lately. This is going to be a great resource!

breeze

2. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

We lost connectivity over the weekend (hub with a very talkative port). Everything should be okay now.

Thanks.

Everyone: Want to know which CRA a creditor uses? Do you have recent inquiries that you can add to our database?

C'mon over to Millennium Credit Building Strategies - home of the Ultimate Creditor / CRA List.

John Shimmer
    jshimmer@millcbs.com

3. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I like the service...it's been informative for me but what I'd really like to see is a reverse search. ie Given that I live in XYZ state, which creditor pulls Trans Union (only)? Or maybe who pulls TU and Equifax but not Experian. This would be really helpful when trying to determine which bank to apply with next.

Also, date information would be helpful for the cases where a bank (Discover) changes CRAs (from Equifax to TU). Several people here look for someone who will only pull a certain CRA but if the list data is out of date by 6 months, they may find out that ABC Bank changed from their best CRA to their worst.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THAT IS HARD TO DO...THERE ARE TOO MANY VARIABLES WITH CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES AND CREDIT CARD COMPANIES.
    They even have "SALES" on their credit reports trying to get more business. Also some credit card companies have ALWAYS pulled ONLY EQUIFAX, then they STOP pulling EQUIFAX, and use TRANSUNION or EXPERIAN...

5. jshimmer

I can do all that, jonesing. All the data is stored in a realtional database. All I have to do is modify the screens to let you select the appropriate state(s), the CRA(s) that you want to see, etc. I even store the date of inquiry when someone adds one to the database, so that can be displayed in the results. I can even display detailed info (instead of just a total count), like the date, state, CRA name, etc.

My biggest problems are:

(a) Finding time to code it. The only time I have to do it is during free time @ work. With that, it's either feast or famine. I WILL do that soon, it's just a matter of WHEN.

(b) Equally as important, I need to get people to come to the site and add their inquiries, and to do it on a regular basis.

I don't advertise the site, other than an occasional post here or at one of the other various credit boards that I frequent. I don't even have it listed in any of the search engines. I need to do that, or I need someone(s) to offer to volunteer to help do that ... :)

Thanks.

John Shimmer
    Millennium Credit Building Strategies
    Home of the Ultimate Creditor/CRA List

6. Goaldriven

Goaldriven Well-Known Member

John, I use your database a lot. However, I wish that the database could monitor more information. You should ask stuff like:
    Name of Agency
    Address
    City, State, Zip
    Phone number
    Fax number
    Web page
    Contact name?
    Type of credit: Dept Store, Gas, Loan, Auto, Home, Credit Card, Insurance, etc.
    Agency pulled?
    Give an option for listing two agencies if multiple pulls.
    State where you live
    Date of application and pull by month and year
    Was it approved?
    Instant approval?
    Space for describing ways to get instant response?
    Processing time?
    Credit Limit Approved
    APR
    Extreme Fees
    Credit score on all credit reports at time of consideration.
    # of positive tradelines
    # of delinq/derogs
    # of tradelines in investigation at time
    Amount of credit utilized at time of application
    BK?
    BK Stage?
    #of times they pulled before giving you a response.
    Denial reason?
    Reconsideration requested?
    Reconsideration result.
    Space to include arnings about creditor or feedback from credit holders.

Then it would be great if I could go to your web site to pull, for example: all the creditors who pull TU and EX in New York and approve creditors with 1 derog. and I could chart that information by the amount of credit approved.

With that type of info you would have one of the most popular web sites on the net.

7. jshimmer

I cover about half of that stuff already.

I cover things like names, addresses, phone number and email addresses of creditors, but people won't spend the time to add even THAT little bit of extra information about a creditor, so it doesn't make sense to spend weeks on re-doing the site to ask for 30 more things, when I can't even get them to add the 15 or so I'm asking for now.

8. humblemarc

humblemarc Well-Known Member

bump

9. AustinGuy

AustinGuy Well-Known Member

One hidden little nugget that I just discovered tonight is that you can see what scores people have been approved with for a given creditor. If you click on the link for the number of inquiries, it will show you if someone was approved and what their score was at the time.

10. Goaldriven

Wow. Thats great to know.

11. Goaldriven

John, dont get me wrong, your database is great. I can see where getting the additional information might be a little difficult. Thats really too bad. Thus far, the site is one of the best creditors/CRA list on the web. I hope that more creditnettors use the site AND contribute to it. So often people will post results for different credit applications they've submitted on credit net and then wont post the same info on your site. I hope that changes as we talk about your site more.

Keep up the good work!

12. enigmaingr

enigmaingr Member

Found the site to be very informative. I just got done adding all the information I had. Hope it helps others.