Dont laugh, I got a Chadwicks

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mary, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Mary

Mary Guest

Hi All,

Ok, so I decide I need some new Hush Puppies, and I see that Chadwicks of Boston (catalog) has some on sale. I'm not sure how widespread this catalog is, (I live in NJ.) They tell me on the 1800 line that I have been approved for a $300 limit, and ask me if I want the card., so I say sure, what the heck (thinking, I prob wont get it, but I'll give it a shot.)

Now, of course, my similarly credit challenged friends think this is no big thing, and that its pretty funny that I am all jazzed up over this, since Chadwicks is not exactly top of the heap. However, having recently seen my poor FICO score, I am determined to try and revive it any way I can. (Per Q-Space, I need more open credit.)

I probably will never use it again, but I must say it was nice to be approved for something after so long. I got it in the mail today, and I tell ya, it put a smile on my face when I picked up the envelope and felt that familiar plastic square inside!!

Anyhow, just wanted to let you all know in case anyone was interested, they apparently arent to difficult to get, and I believe the interest rate is 22.8% through World Financial..

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Dont laugh, I got a Chadwi

I got a fingerhut card for $150 :) thats even more funny!!!

3. Sister Gir

Sister Gir Guest

The same thing happened to me when I placed an order for some clothing & was fully ready to charge it to my AMEX card(gave me $800.00 credit line).They do offer brands that I find here at some of the BETTER stores for a reasonable price(but I always played the "no finance chages for 90 days".

I had it for over a year,but recently closed it due to preference for use of major credit card instead.

Peace,
    Sister Girl

4. Mary

Mary Guest

Watch out, we're stylin' now!!

nm

5. TK

TK Guest

I had recieved a preapproved offer in the mail from them about three weeks ago, but had no idea who they were LOL Glad they offered you credit at least its another positive tradeline in the building process.