DTC Union Federal Saving-Who a

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cricket, Jan 13, 2001.

1. Cricket

Cricket Active Member

Hello,

I have an inquiry from DTC Union Federal Saving on my CSC/Equifax report. Does anyone know who they are? I Have not applied for any credit recently. However, I did open accounts with 2 online banks.

Thanks,

Cricket

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: DTC Union Federal Saving-W

that is probably it. Were they retail stores. Most retail use outside banks.

roni

3. Cricket

Cricket Active Member

I did not open any credit accounts with retail stores. I put money in a money market account in 2 different online banks (netbank and nationalinterbank).

Is that what you meant?

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Every bank account you open, gets a credit check ya know!

5. Cricket

Cricket Active Member

I don't think that is always the case, but, it is becoming more common these days. Why should they care what my credit is? I'm loaning them my money, not the other way around... Also, there was a thread on the Motley Fool online banking discussion board several months ago. They were discussing the online banks that do and don't do credit checks.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Oh, did you know that some banks are checking credit to open accounts. First Union pulled my credit for checking and for savings. I applied online for a money market account (I forget the bank) and they pulled my credit.

roni

7. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

They probably want to know the likely hood of you getting a loan there adventually. They don't make much on checking and saving accounts, and they probably don't want to "waste their time" on those of us who probably won't be able to get a loan there

8. Saar

Saar Banned

Correction

Cricket wrote:
    "I have an inquiry from DTC Union Federal Saving".

Cricket, "DTC" is not part of the inquiring bank's name. "DTC" is a code showing this was a soft inquiry. Therefore it does not affect your credit score.

Saar

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

good point.

roni

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Saar

U R 2 Kool.

roni

11. Cricket

Cricket Active Member

RE: Correction

Saar,

Thanks for the info. I had wondered that myself, but I couldn't find that code on my CSC creport info. The only soft inquiries listed were: PRM, AM, AR, and bureau inquiries. Where did you find out DTC was a prefix for soft inquiry from CSC?

Thanks again.
    Cricket