dumb question...i'm sure

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laura, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Laura

Laura Guest

I know I could you the search thread, but actually I don't know what I would type in to find the answer or question. How long does good credit stay on your report? If I have old accounts (mortgage, cars etc) that are paid off with 0 balance and no late pays? Thanks

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

7 years.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i think some goods are 10 years :)

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That what I thought, good can remain for 10 years, it's those darn baddies than stay for 7.

mom

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

EXPERIAN...FIRST USA BANK
    PAID/NEVER LATE

Date of statis 8-96

This account is scheduled to continue on record until 8-2003

FYI
    7 YEARS...

6. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

According to the stuff sent with my reports negatives stay for 7 positives stay for 10. I have at least one positive that I can think of right now that is 9 years old
    still on my report Thank you Lazarus

Kelly

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

You can request that good information stay on longer than the 7 years.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

george they are right.

Good items can stay on indefinitely. I was told this by equifax. They however usually leave it on for 10 years. Experian said they leave it on 10 years also. But they dont have to remove it.

roni

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: george they are right.

I just copied what was on the EXPERIAN credit report.

I don't think that there is a GOOD reason to DUMP ANY GOOD INFORMATION FOR 50 YEARS...
    unless your report is 50 pages long...

10. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

What, just send them a request and they'll do it? What if it has already disappeared, will they reinstate it?

-Alwilda Smith

11. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I believe that is true.

12. John S

John S Guest

Sam is right, George is wrong.

Good trade lines stay on 10 years (after they are closed); open accounts, of course, are always on there, then 10 years after they close. Derog trade lines, collections, etc., drop after 7 years from ODD.

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: george they are right.

Well my report is too long. Did you read my post from earlier. Equifax said they can't put my credit report online anymore b/c it is too long and refunded my money. Dang. That is a trip. I think they should delete some of the negatives in that case. Lol.

roni

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SORRY...I copied it off the credit report I have...ARE THEY LYING ON THE REPORT ABOUT 7 YEARS???