Dumb question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jeff, Apr 14, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Guest

I'm new to group, so I have some catching up to do.If CRB's have inaccurate info on file, why does it matter who files dispute? Why would they care whether I file or hire an attorney or credit repair co.? Are they not legally obligated to remove legitimate disputes? This forum is great! Thanks

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

They try to keep any information reported to your file from a creditor as long as they can. The creditor pays them to do this and THEY are their most lucrative customer. Unfortunately, we (consumers) have to fight extra hard at times to correct inaccurate information a creditor has reported. Using an attorney or credit repair company results in having negative entries deleted from our report as they know the law and can quote it to the bureaus. They do not like this at all. I can only assume the shorter the information is in one's file, the less the bureau is paid? Hope this helps.
    BTW, welcome to the board!

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Dumb question Author: miles Date: 04-14-01 05:18

They try to keep any information reported to your file from a creditor as long as they can. The creditor pays them to do this and THEY are their most lucrative customer. Unfortunately, we (consumers) have to fight extra hard at times to correct inaccurate information a creditor has reported. Using an attorney or credit repair company results in having negative entries deleted from our report as they know the law and can quote it to the bureaus. They do not like this at all. I can only assume the shorter the information is in one's file, the less the bureau is paid? Hope this helps.
    BTW, welcome to the board!
    ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    REPLY==IF this is true isn't the creditor in violation of the fair credit reporting act as well as the fair debt collecting act???

4. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

They get the same price for a report that is a page long as they do for one that is a 100 pages long.