DUPED! by Penney's

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 28, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

What started my adventure into credit repair was a call to Penney's last July. I had "lost" my card and needed a new one issued. I was told that my account was unavailable to me and they would need to evaluate our credit again to make it open to charge on. They pulled CRs and said no way. I then got my reports--free of course.
    Well, I called tonight to find out how long I would be in Penney's purgatory. The CSR had no clue as to why I would think my account was unavailable to me--he said it was dormant for so long it was on it's last legs--did I want to close it?? or a new card? LOL. I about died on the phone, he musta thought I was kinda kooky. I was kinda flippant and made the observation that maybe the *CSR* I talked to in July didn't want me to charge and Penneys had nothing to do with it--he said "maybe so" lol.
    He then said I will be getting my new card in 7-10 days.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

JC Penney sold their credit card receivables to GE Capital last summer. They did terminate some accounts at that time, however, they then sold those "terminated" accounts to Monogram Credit Card Bank of GA. Monogram now issues the JC Penney card. Check and make sure what you're getting. Monogram has some not-so-happy campers. Read on epionions.

breeze

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Breeze,
    at no time did Penney's say my account was closed, only that I could not charge on it--it was blocked.
    But thank you for the heads up, I'll check out the card agreement, we should get them next week

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Cool. didn't mean to be a wet blanket. :)

5. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

See if it's a new card with the old acct #