Duplicate CA Entry on Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Spcialt, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Spcialt

Spcialt New Member

Hello,

Iâ??ve had a lot of success in clearing up collection matters on my reports but Iâ??m up against one that has me stumped. Iâ??m hoping some of the experts here can steer me in the right direction.

Iâ??ve got a medical collection on my reports. I found out about the collection when I ran my reports. I immediately sent them a validation letter. They sent a bill â?? not a validation. I sent a second letter and again, more bills. Then, I sent an â??Intent to Sueâ? letter. That time they sent photocopies of my medical records from the lab as well as the bill the lab supposedly sent me.

Shortly after that, I checked my reports again and now theyâ??ve entered a duplicate entry. Same dollar amount, slight differences in the date. And the account number on the duplicate is longer â?? the last 8 digits match the original entry.

So now what do I do? If I C&D them, thereâ??s no guarantee that theyâ??ll remove either entry.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

2. Spcialt

Spcialt New Member

*Bump*

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Dispute both as a duplicate entry.

Equifax is a hard nosed on what they consider to be duplicate, and if there is a different account #, they won't consider them duplicate. Even if a trained monkey could see them as being the same account.