Duplicates, LizardKing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

LizardKing,

You have great advice, as evidenced here:

"Duplicates are the same account being reported more than one. For example, the original creditor and the collection company both listing the same debt as a negative. By law it can only be there one time. Otherwise a 3rd potential creditor might think you owe $10,000 in defaulted debt, when in reality you only owe $5,000 in defaulted debt. You are only 1/2 of the deadbeat that your credit report is portraying you as."

But, can you tell me if this also goes for Student loans that have been consolidated?

For example:
    Education Loan 123456 Paid/Collection
    Education Loan 678910 Open/Too New To Rate

Loan 678910 is the consolidation that paid loan 123456.

Thanks in advance.

Erica

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Erica!

Unfortuately, student loans are the ONLY accounts that are allowed to be reported twice. I have called everyone about this even the FTC and they say that the credit bureaus can do this unfair deed to us. They say that the lenders should know that it is actually just one account reported twice. WEll, nordstrom's didnot know that when they turned me down saying I had 5 defaulted student loans reported when i only have 2 from citibank. Keep your head up girl..work on getting them deleted or rehabilitated.

roni

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Roni!

I spoke to the rep from the Dept of Ed last week, and she said that she does not have a record of any account numbers like the one on my report. All Student Loans use a combination of your SSN and another number to designate which loan it is. Do you still think that it won't work?

Erica

PS Roni: Glad you are back.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Erica

First let me tell you this, b/c i went thru it, the bureaus will sometimes verify a student loan by saying that it matches your ss#. In other words, they dont verify at all. If the lender had your ss# on the account they reported, then they say it is verified. That is crock. Dont dispute it as not yours then. Dispute the account as never late or incorrect ammounts or dates. If you consolidated the balance is 0. Dispute the amount most owed or the dates themselves. Dispute is the name of the game.

Each bureau has a different way of reporting information so I cant tell you what is correct or incorrect without you posting here exactly what your reports say.

But you dont have to do all that. Just go thru your reports and pick a reason. I would hire JUNUM if I were you. They got 3 off experian that were giving me a hard time. Let me just tell you this. No one here can tell you what will happen. Alot of it is luck. The next important factor in cleaning this up is persistence followed by time.

My score 4/1/00 was 593 equifax. I am looking at is right now. I got it from eloan before they got shut down. I had 17 defaulted student loan entries. Now I have 4 with equifax (2 deletes creeped up again but I will get rid of them), and my score is 702. In the summer when I bought my car, my score was 619. Keep your head up and dont give up. I sent out my first dispute letter in 3/00. One year--that aint bad.

roni

5. rob

rob Guest

Rice-O-Roni

Psyc-O-Roni,

Maybe if you paid your student loans you wouldn't have these problems.

rob

6. rob

rob Guest

Rice-O-Roni

Psyc-O-Roni,

Maybe if you paid your student loans you wouldn't have these problems.

rob

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Rice-O-Roni

you said that
    you said that

now get lost
    now get lost

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

fico =702

I wouldnot call that a problem, TacoBell.

roni

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

George and rob you can both kiss my a**!!!

roni

10. rob

rob Guest

your so full of @!#$ Psyc-o-roni.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Why do you post back and forth to yourself? Once in my name and then in your rob name. Do you think you are really fooling anyone with this? It is getting very old. Don't they have an allnight drive thru window for you to pick up some extra hours.

Then maybe YOU can pay YOUR bills and equifax will pull your beacon score out of the single digits.

roni

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

roni I was telling rob to get lost NOT you!!!

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

roni,

I'm the real roni...stop posting in my name!!

roni

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

GEORGE YOU TOO? YOU KNOW THAT WASNOT ME WITH THE KISS MY .....REMARK......

this is useless...

roni

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

george and rob kiss my grits!!!

roni

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

sorry i'm so confused i'm going to sleep...5 am comes soon

GOOD NIGHT REAL RONI

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Good night George.

18. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Gotta learn to love it

From watching this "show" on a semi regular basis, it brings to mind a quote from Oscar Wilde who said "There's only one thing worse than being talked about--and that's NOT being talked about" (paraphrase from Eng Lit 101)
    Chin up :)

19. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Re: Gotta learn to love it

AnnMarie,

I couldn't have said it better...you're the greatest!!

Sean

20. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Taco Bell

I worked at Taco Bell for a while, and it helped me make my payments on time. I'm proud that I worked for a living and that I did a good job.

"Taco Bell" doesn't show up on my credit reports, but "48 months, never late" does. :)