DV from Different Address

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Trilivonel, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Trilivonel

    Trilivonel Well-Known Member

    Can a OC or CA verify a debt if you moved to a different address? I have a couple of debts that I'm not sure if they are mine but if they are, I would have been at a different address.
  2. fixinitup

    fixinitup Active Member

    I have read that all the CRA's need to verify an account on your credit report are 2 of 3 items, the three items being;

    1. Name
    2. address
    3. social security #

    So if they check with the CA to verify as long as 2 of the 3 are correct it will come back verified, and thats where you want to contact the CA with debt validation letters.
  3. Trilivonel

    Trilivonel Well-Known Member

    What about if you have a different name?
  4. fixinitup

    fixinitup Active Member

    when you get your credit reports there may be different names, (variations of your name), so correct them first along with the address, get all the "wrong" names and previous address off your report and only keep your address you are at now and your full name, then dispute that account and hopefully that account cant verify because on your report it will no longer have that name and address.

Share This Page