DV Questions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ElorraM, Aug 18, 2003.

1. ElorraM

ElorraM Active Member

I am going to send out a letter to an original creditor (the balance is zero). On my EQ and EX reports there are different account numbers for the same listing (from a utility company). Also, the EQ account number does not list the whole account number, only part of it. What should I do? What account number should I reference? And if I use the EQ one should I include my social security number since I don't have the whole account number?

Also, the address listed on my CRs for Citi Cards is a PO BOx number. Can you send certified mail to a PO Box? Anyone know how I can get a brick and mortar address?

Thanks.

2. FedUp2003

FedUp2003 Well-Known Member

You can send a CRRR to a P.O. Box, they will put a little slip in there to notify whoever picks up the mail to come by the front desk of the Post Office and pick up their certified letter.

About the truncated account numbers, just give them what you see on your report, plus your name and SSN and they will be able to match it up and find the right account that you are disputing.

FedUp2003

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TYPE THE NUMBER THAT IS PRINTED ON THE REPORT...4427-7858-2233-XXXX
    or 4427-7858-2233.......

MOST CERTIFIED LETTERS GO TO PO BOXES...BECAUSE BANKS USE PO BOXES FOR MAIL

They don't really need the SS# on the letter...

They have CROSS REFERENCES GALORE...

Just like the CITY CROSS-REFERENCE PHONE BOOK...

310-222-4873
    ---------------------------------------
    JERRY SMITH
    MARY SMITH
    13872 WALL ST
    LOS ANGELES CA

13862 WALL ST
    LOS ANGELES CA
    ---------------------------------------
    FRED JONES
    KATHY JONES
    310-225-6487

YOU CAN GET THE NAME AND PHONE NUMBER OF "ALMOST" EVERYBODY ON THE STREET

They can put your name and address and get your report...they can put your SS# and get your report...they can put an account number and get your report (or a partial one)...they can put a FILE # in and get your report.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have NEVER sent CERTIFIED R/R to a street address EXCEPT MY MOTHER-IN-LAWS AIRLINE TICKETS...and I sent a credit card for my mother to use while the kids were there for the summer...

5. ElorraM

ElorraM Active Member

Thanks guys I appreciate it.