E Credit (worst rating poss) b

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by InCreditHe, Jan 30, 2001.

1. InCreditHe

InCreditHe Guest

Hi.
    So I'm not the only person with credit problems, I see. I am in CREDIT HELL - I mean I could be any bankruptcy atorney's dream.....
    But I dont want to file.
    I want to get a credit card (some creditors frown when they see my 3 divorces) and some applaud that I lived in one pace 7 yrs but then I moved 2300 miles away and stayed for 2 yrs and now I'm back where I was for 7 yrs.
    But there must be a way to ge a credit card if I'll out up anywhere from $200 to $1000 for a security depost????
    InCreditHell

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: E Credit (worst rating pos

what or who have u tried?

InCreditHell wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hi.
    So I'm not the only person with credit problems, I see. I am in CREDIT HELL - I mean I could be any bankruptcy atorney's dream.....
    But I dont want to file.
    I want to get a credit card (some creditors frown when they see my 3 divorces) and some applaud that I lived in one pace 7 yrs but then I moved 2300 miles away and stayed for 2 yrs and now I'm back where I was for 7 yrs.
    But there must be a way to ge a credit card if I'll out up anywhere from $200 to $1000 for a security depost????
    InCreditHell

3. InCreditHe

InCreditHe Guest

Well... I went to this online credit card search engine and it wasnt pretty. I can get a card that's somehow connected to a catalog. That's a THRILL!
    Me and my 2nd husband - we *&^%$# Providian in 1997. When we got the divorce, he wouldnt pay anything so I wouldnt either. I despise the jerk. My 1st husb - our credit was spotless. Clean as a whistle.
    Then The Jerk -- #2 -- he maxed out every card I had and then some of his own on things I wont mention.
    #3 -- he has "virgin credit".
    So with his "non-existent" credit and the mess #2 got me in in that COMMUNITY PROPERTY HELLHOLE on the West Coast, I get the feeling I'm pretty well done for.
    I did go to Consumer Credit Counseling Center about a month ago and the man just shook his head when I brought my TWO BOXES of bills in and gave me the number of James Veith, a reputable and cheap bankruptcy lawyer.
    How encouraging, huh?

4. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

It sounds like your best bet is to start with a secured credit card, there are companies that will give you 3 to 5 times your deposit in credit line. Once the creditor starts seing responsable use of the card they will gradually increase your credit line and eventually unsecure it.

I know it may not be what you want but when a credit counselor refers you to a bankruptcy lawyer, there's not too many options to choose from.

We have a list of credit cards that may help you rebuild your credit history at:

http://www.creditinsiders.com/thelist

Good luck to you!

Alex
    www.Creditinsiders.com

5. InCreditHe

InCreditHe Guest

Thanks. I'm going to check out this list.

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Bankruptcy, if even considered, should be your last possible resort. Don't do it if you are not prepared to live with it for 10 years. How bad is it? You didn't give us much detail to work with. Maybe we could help you clean up your reports. Keep us posted.

7. InCreditHe

InCreditHe Guest

oh it's really really bad. Between me and husb #2m - in 2 1/2 yrs, we earned (together) about $40,000. He maxed out $38,176.84 (incl. interest, fees, etc). in credit cards and the 900/976 phone folks along w/ Pacific Bell -- he messed them over good too. But as stated, California is a community property state. So it's ALL on my credit report, too. I suppose you're wonderimg how much credit card debt I made - about $3,900.00. And even the banks that had dealt with me before I married this snake wont deal w me again till this mess is off my credit report.
    Thank God I havent defaulted on my student loans.
    But -- it's bad -- REALLY REALLY bad.
    And --- check this out -- a lady in teh waing area at CCCS who was waiting for her sister said bankruptcy aint so bad. In fact you can get more credit card offers AFTER filing it because they know you'll pretty much HAVE to pay. I'm not sure what the del is on that but she talked like bankruptcy wasn't so bad.
    See, I cried when the man at CCCS gave me that lawyer's #. I mean - I was basically having to accept tha my 2nd husb WRECKED my credit.
    So to me, it looks pretty bad.
    By the way, how do you "clean up" a credit report like mine?

8. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Yes, It does sound pretty bad, but alot of people around here have had pretty good luck rebuilding thier credit. Have you started any disputes with the CRA's? Start with the small stuff. How old are these debts? Is anything due to drop off soon? or near the 7 year mark? Was the Pac-Bell bill in your name? You can get alot of information off this site and everyone is willing to help. Credit repair is a longgggg up hill battle but it can be won.

I could e-mail you if you want. Let me know.

9. InCreditHe

InCreditHe Guest

REPAIR credit ike MINE?

I'm definitely open to suggestions. Yes, the phone was listed in my name. (I know _ I'm DUMB). There are some items that will fall off in about a year. How have you repaired your own credit? I mean -- I have a cousin in Tennessee who had credit worse than mine and then she got something called a Taxpayer's ID # and it's been smooth sailing from there. But when I read some of her paperwork, I got convinced this LOOKS illegal. Is that similar to how you and others are repairing your credit?

10. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: REPAIR credit ike MINE?

I'll e-mail you.

11. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

RE: REPAIR credit ike MINE?

No, I wouldn't reccommend that, it isn't legal and you will probably get caught eventually. We dispute the old fashioned way, through the credit bureaus. Creditor direct disputes. Negotiations. It's time consuming but worth the effort. If you don't think you have the time or energy there are some legitimate credit repair companies: including http://www.creditrights.com and http://www.junum.com Many have had much success with them. Some have had problems as well. Good luck!

KElly

12. Larry

Larry Guest

RE: Suggestion

InCreditHell,
    Don't dispair ! If I were you I would order all 3 of my credit reports to see exactly what's on them. You need to know how old they are, if the SOL is up on some of these items. They could be disputed with the CRAs and removed. Just find out and post them here... no need to include acct #s or any private info. I am sure we could give you advise and you can start repairing your credit.

We'll wait for your post !