e-loan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 2244y, Apr 27, 2001.

1. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

e-loan offers free FICO score to consumers again...

2. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Cool! Thanks! I just checked my score, and it is a 567. It went up from 3 months ago (9 points). But... I also have 15 inquiries within the past 6 months (mostly from the car loan...), and 4 collections (which I am disputing). So, in a year (hopefully) my score will be in the mid-600's!

Of course, when it said how I could raise my score: Out of the thousands of simulations, we could not find anything that would raise your score. This does not mean your score could not increase...

Future looks bleak accoring to these guys. But, with this site, and all of you, I have confidence that I will raise my score from the dead, and do good!

Thank you so much for the link to that site! You saved me $12.95 (and saved me from having to pay the enemy: Equifax!)...

3. Saar

Saar Banned

676 here on e-loan!

Not FICO scores but CreditXpert scores, the same model employed by QSpace.

But this one's free -- thanks.

Saar

4. BlueVegas

BlueVegas Active Member

Equifax score - 635
    CreditXpert score 598

I want my mommy!!! They have a different scale than FICO. Damn..I hate suffering for all those errors on my report...Blahhhh

Hurry up Junum!!!!!!

Credit scores generally range from the mid 300s to the mid 800s. The following table will give you a general idea of what your score tells lenders, but remember there are no set rules. Different products and lenders use different guidelines for what is an acceptable score. Also, there will usually be differences in the scores calculated by each of the three credit bureaus. Lenders will often use the middle of your three scores.

Above 730 Excellent credit
    700 - 729 Good credit
    670 - 699 Lender will take a closer look at your file
    585 - 669 Higher risk; you will not be eligible for the best rates and products. Credit products may not be available.
    Below 585 Credit options will be limited or not available. Lender will need to consider other information in your application.

5. john

john Well-Known Member

I just got my score from Eloan....thanks for notifying the board that they are giving out scrores for free again : ).

I got my EquiFax Score Power score 2 weeks ago and it was 599. The Eloan Credit Expert Score is 635.

I also thought ths was interesting:

You are currently using more than 50% of your credit limit on 2 credit card(s).

So, they look at each card individually. I have an Aria and a Cap One on the report. On the Aria I amt at $1000.00 on a $1600.00 limit. The Cap One was $174.00 on a $300.00 limit. Thankfully Aria and Cap One both raised my limits so this won't be a problem next month. Just thought it was interesting that each of these accounts was being evaluated indvidually.

And they even tell you how to raise your score. I should receive +10 points just for getting my Aria under 50%.

As a side note I did dispute 4 items on my Equifax so I can't be sure that these items are not factored into my score.

It also indicates that I have a few items updated in the past three years such as collections or chargeoffs. This is true and one chargeoff in particular updates the last reported date every month. It happened almost five years ago but their little updating routine seems to be indicating to the Credit Scoring formula that the chargeoff just happened. This is annoying. Anyone have any comments one this?

This is a cool service!!!

Thanks for posting the info.

6. curious

curious Well-Known Member

what is the address to get your credit score?

7. john

john Well-Known Member

www.eloan.com

This is going to be a really big thread, isn't it : )

8. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I went to the website, but it doesn't mention if it shows on your credit report as a hard or soft inquiry. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Dani

9. Saar

Saar Banned

You bet :)

It also said once my credit file is 1 month older and my reported debt $1K smaller, score will rise to 702!

Saar

10. Squawk1200

Squawk1200 Well-Known Member

Interesting:

eLoan - 693
    Equifax - 671

Is it the case that "creditexpert" is the Experian score? If so, that would be very interesting as I just did a round with them so I could post exactly what was changed and what the difference is score was.

11. Squawk1200

Squawk1200 Well-Known Member

In the FAQ, it states that its a soft inquiry.

12. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Soft inquiry. It has it in the FAQ's below.

That sucks that it isn't real FICO. I wonder if my real score is higher or lower than the 567. My Cap1 is reporting now, and a chargeoff was deleted. But, I also have a crapload of inquiries now...

Dustin

13. john

john Well-Known Member

"The information used to determine your CreditXpert Credit Score(tm) comes from one of the major credit bureaus"

It doesn't say which one. Maye they randomly choose a credit bereau based on some mysterious formula.

Of course they can't tell us what the formula is but you will find out years from now which one they used when your 9.9% rate on your platinum card suddenly goes to 23.99% and they say "According to our records, you got a free Credit Expert score from Eloan back in 2001. This indicates to us that you are a greater credit risk."

: )...you never know!!!

14. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

My score was 636. Who knows what the actual score is. I can't request mine from equifax again for 2 more weeks:(

15. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Re: John and e-loan

Move on, please. Don't be ridiculous-Equifax is giving them out now, CA. will have the other 2 giving them out in a couple months. Viewing your report and some company's algorithm deriving your score is not doing anything to your creditworthiness. Give me a break you Troll.

16. john

john Well-Known Member

Re: John and e-loan

It was just a joke..sorry you took it the wrong way.

17. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

You can request your score again, but you have to pay for it :)

18. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

My Equifax is a 665 and eloan is 667. It said one of the reasons I'm low is because "You are not currently using your credit card(s). This only includes your open accounts"

I guess I'll have to get on that. Next card approved me today at $3500 13.9% introductory rate. Soon to go up to at least 21.99%.

19. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

HI all, thanks for the tip. My score 702 and hubby's score was 696. I believe these have to come from EXPERIAN, b/c that is the only report that DOESN'T have his collection and there was nothing delinquent about his score. So atleast for us, they came from Experian, unless EQuifax deleted which I highly doubt:(

20. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: e-loan (Momof3)

THANK YOU FOR GIVING IT ANOTHER TRY...

:)