Earlier Post

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by msjackson, Oct 25, 2001.

1. msjackson

msjackson Well-Known Member

In regards to my earlier post, I'm not sure if it is too stupid of a question(s) or maybe nobody can help me out with an answer or suggestion. Well did'nt mean to bother anyone or take up room on the board I just thought that this site was where you could ask all kinds of questions regardless.

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I'll try to respond to your previous post in a minute-but sometimes they do get lost among other posts...if you simply go to your own post, and reply to it with a "Bump" or just a "can someone help me" it will push it to the top again....and people will be more likely to look at it.

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Sorry I didn't see your earlier post.
    I see nothing bizarre about your quetion at all.
    Well, they are probably well shot now.
    While you may not be in all that much of a hurry, you also do not want to be paying someone for months on end to do things such as writing round after round of letters to the credit bureaus trying to kid them into believeing that a lie is the truth and the truth is a lie. You can do that well all by yourself and you don't need to pay anyone to do that for you. Either way, you could most likely get about 40 to 50 percent of your derogatories off. That's about the national average for getting derogatories off credit reports no matter whether the consumer does it or he hires someone else to conjure up the lies and fire them off to the credit bureaus for him.
    If you are thinking about signing up with Junum, then I would say that you should definitely do it yourself and see what you can get done for yourself first. We have a whole section here on the forum that has letters you can send off to the credit bureaus. About all you would have to do is to grab one of them, maybe make a few modifications to fit your own circumstances and fire them off. You don't have a lot to lose compared to hiring someone else to do the exact same thing for you.
    If you want to tell lies to the credit bureau trying to convince them that the truth is a lie and your lie is the truth, then I guess one lie is about as good as another. That's up to you. You just have to figure out first of all if you want to get involved in a scheme of lying and then you have to figure out whether you want to do your own lying or you want to pay someone else to do your lying for you.

Personally, I don't believe in telling lies to the credit bureaus and I sure would not pay anyone else to do it for me either. On top of that, it may end up getting you in legal problems. That's not a real likely event because you don't hardly ever hear of anyone getting convicted, but there are one or more laws against it and I'd be afraid that with my luck, I'd get caught for sure.

It's your call, and you have to make it.

PS. The good thing about it is that I am in no hurry to get my credit cleaned, I don't care
    how long it takes I just want it done.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I'm lost. Are you asking for additional help for message that was posted just three hours ago and already has 5 answers?

I'm must be lost... The one I'm reading has responses and said you were in no hurry....

BTW, welcome! :)

5. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

My first time through, I got 40 deletions betweenmy wife's credit reports and mine, which was slightly over half, just as Bill said. Follow up on those got another five or six. I never said "Not My Account", or "Never Late", etc. I said, "Doesn't match my records (on the accounts for which that was trueo), or "innacurate balance", or just plain, "Please Verify, this item is in dispute." No lies in there. I'm with Bill on that. When you have the responsibility of raising a child, you're suddenly faced with this concept called hypocrisy. I didn't want to go there. Half is good, but it's only half the job. At that point, you have to make a choice. Either you get very good at this cleanup process, by that I mean study everything there is to study here at creditnet, and any other good resources you can find. I'm convinced that with diligent study, and even more diligent effort on anyone's part, that everything they need to know is here (somewhere, but that's your problem) at creditnet. Or, you can study the various threads here about services to help you along faster. There's a number of them, and I'll leave it to you to decide for yourself which one. As you scrounge around, you'll see Junum, Lexington, and Bill Bauer/ CreditWrench come up the most. If you run searches on all of those, you'll find plenty to read from people who have used their services.

Good Luck!