early removal

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eddie, Aug 1, 2001.

1. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have any actual firsthand experience with the removal of derogs when they are approaching 7 years old. I have seen some posts allude to a belief that these items can be removed a few months early but I dont remember anyone actually saying it was done for them and if they had to dispute the items or if it was automatic. I have 3 baddies that are due for removal in 11/01 and I am wondering what to expect. TIA

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

part of the reason they get removed is because the derogs (if paid) are no longer in the creditor database (thank God they purge accounts after several years).

I got several removed at the 4 year mark because of this.

3. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Marie these have been disputed redisputed and disputed again all to no avail. What I am asking about is early removal by the cra as they approach the 7 year mark. Maybe 2 or 3 months early. I have seen this referred by some posters but havent seen any actual details posted.

4. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I had an account that was supposed to be removed from Experian on 11/2000 but disappeared in 9/2000. I disputed another item and when the updated report came that particular item was gone. Thats the only item I have had fall off. I disputed the others and had them removed.

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

The ACTUAL removal time is really 6 years 10 months.

6. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Someone posted on bayhouse a while ago (another site no longer running) that they called equifax within 3 months of the dropoff date and asked a rep if they could be deleted. They were and the person was told that they could be deleted up to 3 months before the 7 year anniversary.

7. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Yes, I had this happen with Trans Union and a paid judgement. I called up and told them I was going for a mortgage, and basically pled my case as far as removing it in April. (It was due to fall off 7/01.) They told me they would have to check with a supervisor and would get back to me. I got an updated report later that week, and it was deleted.

8. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

I had a BK that fell off 3 months early from all reports.

9. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I had it happen with a car loan-only it was more like 2 years early. Granted these lates were from 1996 or so, but..hey, every little bit helps.

Also, I have noticed when I dispute never late or wrong dates sometimes when it comes back either verified or changed, some of the lates are gone. Specifically, I did this recently on a Cap One account. They deleted all but one late-and it was not my newest.

10. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Equifax and Experian automatically remove 3 months early, TU is one month early