easier cards to get with high

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cream, May 3, 2001.

1. cream

cream Active Member

limits. Other than Citibank, what cards with high limits seem fairly easy to get? If anyone can offer feedback on Juniper, Cap 1 platinum, MBNA, First USA, Fleet, Case, etc. it would be appreciated. I guess I would define high limit at $5,000 or more.
    Also, what is a good card to apply for with MBNA? To qualify for a platinum plus do you need an established history with MBNA or just good credit in general? Thanks!!!

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Hi Cream,

Here are my opinions on the following cards that I have had experiences with:

Chase - good card, decent customer service, no annual fee.

MBNA - good card, decent customer service, no annual fee, interest rate is high for prime credit holders, but they are great at automatic increases in the interest rate. Went from $7500 to $25000 in four years.

Fleet - the Cross Country of the prime market, decent credit limit will not raise your credit limit or reduce your interest rate until you've had the card for at least 9 months, annual fee ($35). Will give you a favorable rate at the beginning (7.9 or 9.9), but when you carry a high balance that thing will shoot up to 23% and they will give you everyone reason in the book for not reducing it.

Hope this helps,

Dani

PS As you can tell I'm not a fan of Fleet. Have you tried American Express Blue or Optima? Also Discover Plantium is decent has along as you don't carry a balance.

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

MBNA - good card, decent customer service, no annual fee, interest rate is high for prime credit holders, but they are great at automatic increases in the interest rate. Went from $7500 to $25000 in four years.

Oops,
    should be "great at extending automatic increases"
    not "automatic increases in the interest rate". It's Friday.

Dani

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I failed to get Juniper in January. The subsequesnt board discussions indicated that this card is for EXCELLENT credit customers only. I don't remmeber anyone saying they got the card.