easiest gas card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GHONEYHONE, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Eric2OO2

Eric2OO2 Well-Known Member

Shell must be pretty easy! I applied on the 25th and pulled EQ and I got an email this morning telling me I was approved.

We're pleased to welcome you as a Chevron Credit Card account
    holder. Your application was approved and you should be receiving
    your credit card(s) within 7 to 10 business days.

We have assigned your application a reference number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Please refer to this number should you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your application. We look forward to serving you for
    many years to come.

Sincerely,
    Chevron Credit Bank, N.A.

I really didn't think I'd get it but was hoping to be offered the credit builder thing - because my history is limited. I dont know what the limit yet is , their office is closed.

2. SCMomof5

SCMomof5 Well-Known Member

With your scores, I am not surprised that you were approved. Now what are the easiest gas cards for folks with MY score?

3. Eric2OO2

Eric2OO2 Well-Known Member

My score may be okay but my credit history is short- only a year. That's why im usually denied. Info for the record :

$600 Credit Line
    No Derogs/Pulled EQ

4. anna

anna Well-Known Member

I got Chevron - $400 CL, and we also got the Chevron Business card - $500. Scores in the very low 600's high 500's, but no derogs on EQ or TU.
    Anna

5. tracyb0313

tracyb0313 Well-Known Member

I just had hubby apply for Mobil. I don't think he'll get it. His reports are still a mess, but his EQ score is 665 right now (w. things in dispute) he needs some cards to up his score. he has no eq inquiries, so I hope they pull that one. it'll be gone in 40 days anyway, w/ bumpage!

6. tracyb0313

tracyb0313 Well-Known Member

nope, they pulled exp. Now I know it's denied. Crap!! I hate wasting inquiries. At least he now only has 4 on that report, and 2 come off in dec. and one in feb. He has room to spare on all 3, thankfully! Me, now that's another story! LOL

EDIT--crap, they pulled TU also. I'll bet when I log on to EQ they pulled that one too. Did they do this for other people too, pull all 3 reports? Hmm, I thought only Cap one did that!

7. Scrivener

Scrivener Well-Known Member

There are no Chevrons in my state.

Anybody know if you can use the Chevron card at Texaco stations?

Scrivener

8. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Scrive-
    There are no Chevrons in my state either, but I got one anyway (good to use on vaca to Florida). You can NOT use it at any other station but Chevron.

9. hkolln

hkolln Well-Known Member

That is why I have Texaco cause I can use it at Texaco or Shell gas stations and there are alot of those in Florida! I did have a chevron card but those stations aren't as prevalent as Texaco/Shell.

10. annie

annie Well-Known Member

I apllied for chevron, but got the ole we are processing, yada, yada. But his time they gave me a reference number. I never got a reference number before. Does this mean they will offer me the credit builder card? I don't have many chevron around, so it can just help my ratios.