Easiest Prime Card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Safyre, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Safyre

Safyre Well-Known Member

I have a couple of paid charge offs that are over 5 years old. Would this affect my ability to obtain a prime rate card? What Prime rate cards are the easiest to obtain?

Thanks,

Saf

2. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I can not address your specific situation. But, I was able to get a Citibank card when every other prime company refused to touch me.

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Try to get the Citibank AAdvantage silver card.

If instantly approved, then get the Citibank AAdvantage gold card.

Combine them into one card later.

DO NOT apply for the world or platinum cards right away.

I am pretty confident this will work but I don't have enough info about your income and credit to say for sure.

If denied, call them or PF them.

4. Safyre

Safyre Well-Known Member

Income around 30k a year. I have a one year old cap one, and 3 other subprimes randing from 6-10 months old, never late on any of them.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

safyre - you are perfect for the AAdvantage silver and gold. Go apply for the AAdvantage citibank SILVER , if approved, apply immediately (not tomorrow, not 6 hours from now) for the GOLD. If you get one you get both. Don't be shocked (if approved) after applying you have $10000-20000 in new credit, it usually works out that way.

6. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Is the Aadvantage card issued by Citibank or Citibank USA (I think that's the other)?

I ask because I am sure I'm on the Citibank blacklist but got an Associates Visa card that I believe is a Citibank product but just on a different system.

7. NewGuy

NewGuy Active Member

I'd be interested in a rundown on who is Citbank, N.A., who is Citibank USA, and who is Associates. Does anyone have the full list.

Thanks!

8. NewGuy

NewGuy Active Member

bumpity-bump...

9. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

the Citibank USA list is several months back. just do a search. basically it's their affinity cards...

Hilton, Heart Assn, etc.

Associates is here:
    www.anbcards.com

and you know where to find the regular Citibank cards... j)

10. Safyre

Safyre Well-Known Member

I would go for a Citi card, however, I had a chargeoff from them almost 7 years ago (about to fall off). If I'm not in their records, if they pull my TU report, Citibank is there plain as day- PAID AFTER COLLECTION. I don't know if it would be worth the try. Anyone else get a credit card from someone they had a prior charge off with?

11. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Yes. I had a paid charge off with Citibank and got a card. Here's my story and technique:

http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...=36526&highlight="citibank+miracle"#post36526

As an added benefit, after I got approved, I wrote the following letter to have my paid CO notation deleted from my credit report. This letter was sent via PlanetFeedback and they responded the next day. The tradeline was deleted by the next week:

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=59322#post59322

Hope this helps,

12. Safyre

Safyre Well-Known Member

This helps a lot! I will absolutely apply for this card within the next few months. Right now, I'm waiting for credit line increases to update to my credit reports as well as some payments so that my ratios will be a bit more attractive. Once the increases hit I'll be at 53% in use. I have a renewed feeling about my credit profile now. I only have four derogs now....1 on experian, 2 on TU, and 2 or 3 on Experian. The last one falls off in 2003. I am two years away from spotless...unless I fubar again, which I don't see happening!

13. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

Sam: >Re: Easiest Prime Card?

What would quailfy as perfect for this card? Guess I'm wondering about score needed, and if there's a limit on who is approved.

What report would they most likey use?

No BK's, a few chargeoffs, 7 good lines 4 yrs & older

Sam wrote:

safyre - you are perfect for the AAdvantage silver and gold. Go apply for the AAdvantage citibank SILVER , if approved, apply immediately (not tomorrow, not 6 hours from now) for the GOLD. If you get one you get both. Don't be shocked (if approved) after applying you have $10000-20000 in new credit, it usually works out that way.

14. Safyre

Safyre Well-Known Member

The only thing I can offer is that I am in Texas, and they are reporting my charge off from way-back-when to Trans Union only.