easiest sub-prime

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rebuilding, Sep 20, 2000.

1. rebuilding

rebuilding Guest

What is the easiest sub-prime unsecured card? I have less than perfect credit and am looking to build a good gredit line while I repair the bad credit, is there an easy sub-prime card that is not secured?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Easy unsecured cards would include Capital One, Orchard Bank, and Providian. Apply online if you like - www.capitalone.com or www.orchardbank.com. These were the first cards that approved me when I started rebuilding credit. Good Luck!

3. Larry

Larry Guest

roni is right ! however it depends on your situation and how bad your credit is hurt, that will determine if one of the creditors forementioned will grant you an "UNSECURE" card.

Hey! you've got nothing to loose.

4. Killer

Killer Guest

From experience.....CapOne and Providian: if they require a deposit to secure the account, it's usually not a large amount and the credit limit is usually much larger than the deposit....Orchard: if deposit is required, the amount must be at least $200 or $300 and credit limit will be equal to the deposit or double the deposit.

Larry wrote:
    -------------------------------
    roni is right ! however it depends on your situation and how bad your credit is hurt, that will determine if one of the creditors forementioned will grant you an "UNSECURE" card.

Hey! you've got nothing to loose.

5. Larry

Larry Guest

Yes Killer tha's fine... I was only refering to UNSECURED cards...

Sure it's much easier and low risk to grant customers SECURED cards after a generous deposit.

6. bg

bg Guest

RE: stay away from CCB!!!!!

If you truely want to rebuild your credit
    Providian is really good and better than average on limit increases. What ever you do STAY AWAY FROM CROSS COUNTRY BANK. Most everyone refers to them as CROOKS COUNTRY BANK. They will screw you every chance they get. They have hurt more people trying to rebuild with their bogus fees and add ons.
    They are real good at holding payments to make them late so they can charge a late fee.
    Plus other unethical and immoral things.
    Their Customer Service is a joke. So beware
    of their offers.

7. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

Always pay by Western Union if you have a CCB card. Then you have no holding at all. Then if you have a bogus fee on your account... talk to someone in their credit investigation department and if you get a decent person in there... MAYBE you have a chance to get those fees removed. bg wrote:-------------------------------If you truely want to rebuild your creditProvidian is really good and better than average on limit increases. What ever you do STAY AWAY FROM CROSS COUNTRY BANK. Most everyone refers to them as CROOKS COUNTRY BANK. They will screw you every chance they get. They have hurt more people trying to rebuild with their bogus fees and add ons.They are real good at holding payments to make them late so they can charge a late fee.Plus other unethical and immoral things.Their Customer Service is a joke. So bewareof their offers.

8. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

That would be if rc got the card, which he/she now knows not to do. It saves a lot of trouble and risk if you never get involved with their twisted system. Plus, the credit history they report can turn bad whenever they feel like charging a bogus fee, which is quite often. For demolition of your credit record, CCB has no equal. But for rebuilding, you must look elsewhere.

9. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Be aware that there are unsecured subprime cards that are easier to get than the three just mentioned. However, the upfront fees drastically reduce the available credit. These fees are just like deposits that never get returned.

Orchard, Capital One, and Providian/Aria are as far subprime as anyone should ever go. If you can't get one or more of those, then you need a secured card.

10. bg

bg Guest

CF, although your advice is good, I still say
    along with Rich Guy it is best not to risk
    your rebuilding on a CCB card. These jerks
    are the worst in the business. As you stated
    if you get a decent person, well there just aren't to many nice people at CCB. So I would
    advise anyone rebuilding to stay away from
    them it's not worth the trouble and hassle they will put you through.