Easy CL increase w/Amex blue.....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tony V., Jul 16, 2001.

1. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

called and asked for a credit line increase...the rep said since my excellent payment history, the increase is available.(only use the card 10 times) payed in full each month...total of $700......

opened 1/01 credit limit $2000 10.99%

transferred me to the department that does the increase asked much i wanted...and total household income (single 23 45k) .....told her i only wanted $5000, said OK and call back in 6 months if you feel that the increase isnt suffiicent enough.....

good luck...thanks!!!!!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!

(AMEX BLUE)

I called asking about an automatic credit line increase after 18 months...I was told to apply on-line...

I had the 12.99%...I was told to re-apply if I wanted the 10.99%...

ALSO I was DENIED the "PRE-APPROVED" CASH BACK PLATINUM CARD!!!

:(

I'm a sad little camper!

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I finally got a whopping $500 increase after my account hit 16 months. Now I have a useless card with a 2500 limit and a 12.9% rate. I will not pay 12.9%, and I would always be over the limit if I tried to use the card. They won't even offer a decent bt rate, and even if they did, what could I possibly do with only a 2500 limit?

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Any rep can convert it to the Blue 10.99%, if you're persistent enough or call a couple more times. Personally, I've found supervisors much more willing to do that than ordinary reps. Retention agents (Amex MCS dept.) are also more likely to do that.

Credit limit, however, is another story.

Saar

5. ALAN

ALAN Well-Known Member

I had the same experience a few months ago with Amex regarding my Blue account. I called up and asked for a higher credit limit, they asked me how much would I like, I told them and bing, instant gratification. All I will say is they raised my credit limit up $3000. I asked if I could get it higher if I wanted to and the rep told me, "I sure could", but I was happy with what I had asked for. This company is top notch, they are not stingy at all with limit increases. Im glad I carry this card.

AMEX FOR LIFE