Easy Dept. Store Cards?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NeedCredit, May 30, 2001.

1. NeedCredit

NeedCredit New Member

Currently I have no credit cards and I am considering getting some store credit cards, gas would help too.

My credit report is an absolute nightmare with everything but BK or judgements.

Does anyone have any tips on what stores are leninent?

Thank you very much,

Need(desperately)Credit

2. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

I'd recommend cleaning up your report a little bit before adding more to it.

Just my $.02

DB

3. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I'd try Target. Most people around here have gotten Target with little or no credit. No promises though because Target doesn't seem to be consistant (i.e. I've seen people who have 620 FICOs be denied and people with 580 FICOs be approved....you do the math!)

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I got denied Target with a 583 score. I work there and thought that they would be a little bit more lenient. I went through my checkbook and found out that I have spent more than $1500 there in the 8 months that I have worked there. They could have earned interest charges on that amount if only they had given me a card.

Just my experience.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Needcredit,
    I think JCPenney strore card is the easiest one. I got approved a JCPenney card when I had four to six charge-off accounts in my credit reports. They reported your credit history to credit bureaus.

Ron.