eBay Mastercard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

eBay MasterCard
    The dominant online auction marketplace, and two of the nation's top ten bank credit card issuers, have teamed to launch a co-branded MasterCard. MBNA and Providian will both issue the new "eBay Anything Points MasterCard." MBNA will issue the card to "super-prime" and "prime" credit, while Providian will issue the card to "prime" and "sub-prime" credit.

Ron.

2. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

In that case, I definitely won't be applying until my scores are well above 700. I want nothing to do with Providian.

3. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I suspect you can get the prime card with less than 700, but I'm not positive about MBNA's requirements.

4. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

MBNA and Providian?

EWWWW...I'll be sure to avoid it.

5. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Neither of these companies are on my "A" list. I don't think they'd make the "B" list either!

6. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

So, both Providian and MBNA will issue to prime customers?. Not likely. It should have read "For those that do not qualify for an MBNA eBay Mastercard, you'll be considered for a Providian eBay Mastercard". Once again, Providian is scraping the bottom of the barrel while MBNA continues to recruit cream of the crop customers. Well, at least Providian has the right idea, co-branding and affinity cards.

7. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

if you go to cardweb.com where this post originated and look under this article you will see something about MBNA being rated # 1 in customer service .......
    I thought I was gonna pass out maybe I'm wrong....

8. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Maybe they're number one in a list of 4 or 5, say Providian, CCB, Household. If that's the list maybe MBNA could be number 1.

Of course, could be the actual customer service is good, their policies are just crap.

9. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

You always have to see who's playing if you rate like that.

Two players, one is next to last and the other is close to first place. All in the spin and marketing, and MBNA is a master of spin.

10. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

I couldn't read the whole article. Yeah, I've heard contradictory stuff about MBNA customer satisfaction and the like. Still, I can't quite understand why MBNA would even want to be associated with Providian. Unless of course, MBNA may be feeling out Providian for a potential future merger or purchase of its prime customers. Would love to see the look on Citi's CEO if that ever happened.

11. Slavic

Slavic Well-Known Member

12. 8004me

8004me Well-Known Member

Re: eBay Mastercard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGHH I would not do either one.
    I had an account with Providian and they sold to Emege... Never again Providian.
    MBNA scares me too many stories of rate jack for me, though some folk have great success with them.

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

mbna is probably the hardest card i've ever had to get. It was harder to get my quantum worldpoints than any amex product (my 3 blue's). etc.

Why? if theres anything the computer kicks out (and they are strict) you will get to have a sr analyst go over your report with you and you better have a sparkling report when they review it in person..

But i'm using my mbna quantum worldpoints exclusively now since they offer some really good euro conversion rates over any other credit card.

ciao

14. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

Thats not true. Wife applied over the phone for the B&N card and stated up front that she had a couple 30-day lates and a 60 day late 6 years ago (At time of app). The analyst said she would have chance to explain even though computer says otherwise. After explaining and faxing income, she was approved for 10K.

I'm not dismissing that MBNA is strict, they are, but in certain situations, you can get in. Every app is different and MBNA will look at them but you have to take initiative and work with them.