Eddie Bauer credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Jun 24, 2000.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I applied for an Eddie Bauer credit card online, but was denied because of insufficient established credit. On my letter of denial, they wrote "...our credit decision was based in whole or in part on the information contained in a credit report obtained from the consumer reporting agency listed below: Equifax."

That's fine, but when I just received a copy of my TransUnion credit report (I was also denied by CitiBank), there was an inquiry from First Consumers National Bank, which issues the Eddie Bauer card.

My question is: Is it possible to have the inquiry removed from TransUnion since they did not state that a TransUnion report was used in the credit decision?

2. Stormie

Stormie Guest

We have the Eddie Bauer card you speak of. I would think you would be able to contact their credit department and tell them that the inquiry is on more than one report. If it is there by error it can be removed, however on occasion merchants will obtain more then one report. It's deffinately worth a shot . And it is always good to check your credit annually. If you are declined credit you may recieve a complementry copy of your credit report from Equifax or any agency used in determining your application. Carefully review for errors. If you find any you will need to dispute them. If everything Is in order you may proceed in applying for credit. If you haven't obtained credit before it may be difficult, but don't despair it's not impossible. Most places desire some sort of established credit first. You may want to contact your local bank and see if they will offer you a secured card. This will help you begin to build your credit profile. There are other banks out there that will offer credit for small deposit amounts. Capital One seems to be the leader in this area from what I'm told. You may check with them directly online. www.capitalone.com i've been told they are a very offer great customer service , and have many satisfied client/customers. After making your minimum payments on time you will soon be eligible for unsecured credit line increases, and unsecured credit. Hope this helps.

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Nope. Many creditors pull all three (Trans Union, Equifax, and Experian). Basically whichever is worst - is the one used for denial. That's why you need to check all three to make sure that they are receiving correct information. Based on my three, they were vastly different from each other (some weren't reflecting accounts that have been opened for over two years).