EFX score down 13 pts. WHAT????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Sep 3, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I can't believe this, I pulled my Equifax report on July 26, 2001 and my score was 650. Since that time I have had two of three negatives removed. I did not open any new accounts and my score went down 13 pts. I now have a 637 score.

The reason codes are the same. #39 serious delinquencies. The only negative on my report has a date of last activity of 5/1995. This is gonna fall off in nine months. I am depressed now. In addition, I only have one inquiry within the last 6 months and two others within the last 2 years.

I am sad because I was expecting at least a 10-15 pt increase for the removal of the negatives. Bunch of crap.

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Molly,
    Have you looked at your balances? Have you charged anything to make your balances higher? Also, have you closed any accounts or do open accounts show as closed? This would skewer your balance to credit limit ratios which are a large percentage of your score.

Mist

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

The problem is your current debt, revolving balances.

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Molly, why don't you dispute that negative....

Since it is scheduled to come off in 9 months, they may be gracious and drop it.

just a suggestion.

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

The problem is not my balances-they are the same. I have disputed but it comes back verified. I really don't care at this point. I'm over it. Just fustrating.

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Molly, what happened between yesterday and today that you decided it just doesn't matter anymore?

Frankly, it still matters to me -- like so many here, I'm trying to get an even better handle on what makes scores go up and down. For that reason, your posting is very helpful to me (and probably others). Don't end the discussion before we get some expert consultation here! For example, Greg Fisher, do you have any thoughts??

Randy :)

7. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Molly,
    Could it have been the things you disputed that are now verified?

For one thing, they don't count in the score model during disputes as far as I can tell. By disputing then looking at your score and then looking at it after the disputed items were verified you can find out how much those items are "costing" you in terms of points. When you pulled the higher score did you have the items in dispute and then they were verified and no longer in dispute when you pulled the lower score?

Another possibility is one that Christine from Bayhouse has raised and that is that the date of last activity or date reported becomes the current date and somehow that changes the amount of points given or deducted.

Mist

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

And this is why Molly, in my opinion, should NOT dispute that last derogatory item. If it is verified, the LDR will be what determines her score - regardless of whether it falls off in 9 months or not.