Eloan-Hard inquiry removal!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Pat, May 3, 2001.

1. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I got an email this morning from eloan, finally responding to the first email I sent. Oddly, it wasn't the one from planetfeedback, but who cares :)

Response from eloan:
    You are right that the use of your credit report to provide your credit score should not have resulted in a hard inquiry on your credit report.
    This was a credit reporting agency clerical error, which they are in the process of correcting. The hard inquiry will be completely removed from your report
    within the next few days.

We apologize for this error, and we are making every effort to have the error corrected as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience, and we
    will let you know as soon as we confirm that the correction has been
    made.

2. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

It ain't over till the fat lady s..

A lot of people got that same e-mail. E-Loan and the mortgage co.are definitely stepping up the pressure on experian. But history tells us
    experian really is no fun to deal with and even if they do do it (and I think they will) experian won't be happy about it.

More and more its beginning to look like experian is the real bad guy on this.

I also got this e-mail from the mortgage company. I hope this helps...
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "xxx, We are working with Experian to correct the inquiries that showed up on the free credit score offer by Eloan. There was some tech problem with the access code assigned to us for inquires at the consumers instructions. We have provided a batch file to them showing all files on which is occured. They will be processing it ASAP."
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    So, get your free online experian report while you can while the inquiry still shows up as hard.

VJ
    (Its a great day)

3. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Re: It ain't over till the fat lady s..

I checked my exp. file this a.m. and the inquiry was gone.

4. Squawk1200

Squawk1200 Well-Known Member

I e-mailed and asked if they were removing all the inquiries or only those for folks who complained.

THEY ARE REMOVING ALL OF THEM.

I think that their prompt mea culpas, fast replies to emails, and quick corrective action speak volumes about their integrity.

5. dd

dd Member

I checked my report just a few minutes ago, and the hard inquiry still stands.

Should I email them? I definitely don't want a hard inquiry on my report, even though Experian is hardly pulled here in Indiana.

Thanks
    -dd

Oh, Squawk1200, you must be a pilot, huh??!