Eloan Inquiry: Which Bureau?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Apr 29, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I want a poll. I think some people had the inquiry on Experian. I think some others said they had an inquiry on Equifax. I dont remember anyone saying TU. But, nonetheless, I want to see which report they pulled on YOU.

Please responds.

Also, feel free to tell me how they said to improve your credit with the analysis.

smoochies,

roni

PS: They pulled Experian for me : 671 (I thought it was 679 but I double checked it) With their suggestions, like closing sorry-ass Capital one, I would be at 679 next month)

2. molly

molly Well-Known Member

They pulled Experian for me. My score is 698 and there was no suggestions on how I could improve my score. But, they did say the two negatives are hurting my score. Lucky for me one will fall off in Jan and I am working on the other. Except for a car, I am not applying for anything else until my Experian is clean and then I will try for Amex. I am guessing it will take about 3-4 more months.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Experian for us, mine 704 and his 696, I viewed both our reports online free compliments of Midwest mortgage and eloan grrrrrrrrrrrrr:(

Mom

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Roni,

I mentioned in a previous post that I felt e-loan pulled from TU because my TU report is so unique compared to EQ and EX. I have been unable to access EX on-line to confirm my supicions.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Roni,

I forgot to add that my score was 695. Without going into the details that is believable on TU.

6. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Mine was Experian, 677. Supposedly I need to pay one credit card down 1000. to add 10 points.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Jim,
    Experian is available at several locations on the web, for a cost of course.

roni

8. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

My husband and I both ended up with a hard inquiry from midwest mortgage on our Experian reports.

Unfortunately, I had to pay to find this out via True credit. Experian wouldn't let me get an online report. Said I had to send us our report via the mail - Also I had to send the denial letter - which obviously I won't have. DOH!

Kelly

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

If you go back to sign up for a new eloan account now they've inserted in red letters that the inquiry MAY show up on your reports. There is a link to have them email you when the issue is resolved.

10. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Mine pulled Experian and I sure didn't need another one! It was much lower then my fico score.
    fico=626
    their score 609

I just pulled my fico on Friday so I am pretty it hasn't changed much.

I am just completely disappointed with it all! I thought my score would be higher! Hubbys elone was higher then mine and he has 2 possitives and the same amount of negs as I do. The only difference is that he has no inquiries and I have 6 or 7.

11. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Oh , I forgot

I was to do some balance transfering - raising score 16 points

Hubby was to pay down one card $1000

Kelly

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Carrie,
    Are you confusing your Experian score w/ your equifax score? You said you got your fico before. Just wondering if you meant your fico from Equifax powerscore.

If you meant you got your 3 scores from lender I apologize for the question.

roni

13. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Roni-Experian

Where can you get Experian that does not show up as an inquiry?
    Also, when I got my score, it did not give any suggestion as to what I could do....but I think it's information is way behind from the references it had to balances, etc.....
    thanks
    am

14. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Re: Roni-Experian

AnnMarie

You can purchase your experian report from True Credit.

True credit just upped it's rate though- I only used them cuz I couldn't get it directly from Experian online - Experian would only mail it to me :-(

Kelly

15. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I tried TrueCredit and their report sucked! It only showed 3 out of the 15-16 tradelines on my Experian report--2 were negs and one was a lost card. When I emailed a complaint, they only said that the info I got is what's in my Experian report. So I got my Experian report a few days later and called TrueCredit. They said, "Oh well" and gave me a credit for the cost of their report.

16. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

They pulled experian for me:695

No inquiry in the past 6 months.(from creditexpert) I notice that 90% of my credit applications used EFX for credit check and none whatsoever in TU in the past 2 yrs. I believed Mom is correct that they pulled XPN for most of the consumers.

17. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Jonesing,

That sux. I used to use true credit a lot. They have all my accounts listed. weird! I'm glad they gave you your money back.

I don't know why Experian said they couldn't give me my report online. I've done it b4.

Kelly

18. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

They pulled my Experian at 669. No suggestions for improvement, but it did have reasons for the low score.
    pat

19. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I guess I am. As I said earlier, this is pretty new to me. I got the fico score online. I didn't know there were any other scores. I just checked the experian and a hard copy was made there. That ppobably brought my scores down.

Are thee other scores that one can obtain???

20. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I am in the Philadelphia area and eloan pulled Experian on me. I had a 691 and they told me 4 accounts that needed the balance lowered (some don't report limits causing some of the headache.) I would have a 722 they said if I followed all their advice. So, I will and see what happens.