ELoan Scores; confused as heck

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dustin, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

About a month ago, I got my eloan score. It was 565. Low, I know. But, after 3 deletions (1 chargeoff, 2 collections), and natural aging of accounts (no lates, 1 inquiry fell off, no new inquiries), it went to 571. Would 1 Repo (Chargeoff), 1 Collection, and 1 120 Day late, And 14 Inquiries in past 6 months (I know, I know: A LOT!) cause my score to be that low, and 3 deletions to make it rise by 6 points?! I thought that it would probably be higher than that! All my baddies are at least 2 years old. And I know my inquiries are hurting me (ELoan didn't put a hard inq. the first time, so I did it this time, too).
    Is this right? I know FICO sucks, but like this!?!?

2. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Dustin,I pulled my f.i.c.o. score from credit power or whatever is hooked up with equifax,662 was the score.That was a month ago.Just the other day I checked wiht e-loan.711 after two more credit turn downs.You can't make head's or tail's out of how they score you.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

the eloan propaganda says 3 major banks uses the exact system.

WHICH ONES??? I'd apply to those banks. I have almost a prime eloan score but a definitely lower score with Equifax.

Couse, the raw scores don't take into account housing, length of residence etc. and those factors should help...

Still I wish I knew who used the eloan scores :_)))