Eloan showing as a Hard Inquiry

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Apr 28, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Saar,

I thought people should see this right on the top with the same message stating to go get the free scores. Many of us ran to eloan to get our free score after seeing both here and on eloan's site that it is a soft inquiry. I checked my experian account a moment ago and it is showing a hard inquiry by Midwest Mortgage.

Please refer back to Saar's thread on the same issue for advice on how to get this inquiry removed.

Mike G.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I saw that they said it might show up as a hard inquiry. It was worth it - made me feel good. My score there is higher. :)

I like their "strategy" section!

breeze

3. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

BOY AM I GLAD I DIDN'T GO THERE!! I am in the same boat as mom of 3. I am about to apply for an equity loan of credit and I can't afford another inquiry. I am very glad that you all posted here before some of us ran over and got hit with a hard inquiry.

Thanks to you all!!

judy

4. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Just a thought--

do multiple inquiries in X amount of time count as one inquiry--like for auto loans--when getting a mortgage?

5. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

In eloans FAQ it says:

Will an inquiry appear on my credit report when I request my CreditXpert Credit Scoreâ?¢?
    The request for the credit report used to create the CreditXpert Credit Scoreâ?¢ is classified as a consumer request for a credit report. Therefore, it should not appear on the copies of your credit report that are supplied to lenders, and should not have a negative impact on your credit rating or credit score.

I took it to mean soft. I didn't need my score bad enough to have yet another inquiry. Although a careful read of it shows the words should not instead of will not!
    pat