EMCC/X.com again! Check TU report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tlcampbe, Nov 12, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

As far as I know, they are just business names like any other. Most people have at least some kind of logical thinking for the business names they pick although sometimes it's a bit like my creditwrench thing, especially with web based businesses.

I didn't really have a logical reason for it and was not and still am not all that happy with the choice but I had to come up with something that I could get registered as a domain name that would at least give people some conceptual idea of what I do. Something they could relate to and something that would at least have a crying chance of showing up in the search engines under the proper categories. The domain name thing is getting pretty tight anymore and all of the good popular names are usually taken already. It's getting so bad that you don't dare to come up with a good name and then submit it as a query because there are companies out there that keep a constant monitor on searches for new domain names and if you come up with a good one and search for it they will buy it before you do in a hope that you will be forced to buy it from them and they make a huge profit. So you search for a specific good domain name and then sit back and think about it for an hour or so and go back and try to register it only to find out it's already been taken now and you have to contact this Korean company to buy the name you thought up half an hour ago. They got it for a small price and want a grand or more from you for it.

Why EMCCINC or x.com was thought up I have no idea. EMCCINC doesn't remind one of a collection agency per se and X.Com sure don't remind one of a bank.