EMCC - X.com this is too funny!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by breeze, Jul 5, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I got my TU preport on notWorthKnowing.com, and discovered that my X,com line of credit, which was sole to EMCC when X.com went out of business, was being reported as of 3/1. It has never been reported before. Not only that, but it is beinf reported as a revolving account.

I called TU to dispute it, along with some other nonsense, and they said that was the way EMCC was reporting it. So I called EMCC to ask them about it. The guy transferred me to a supervisor, who said they have no say in how it is reported, that decision is made way up the line (I know, these guys are collectors).

So, I said, "I want to pay it off, then. If I pay it by the 15th, what is the payoff amount?" He responded by saying "I can offer you a settlement amount if you'd like." I said, "You mean I would pay less than I owe?", He responded "Yes. I can settle this for 50% if you can send a check by the 15th." I said, "no thanks, then you'll screw up my credit by reporting it as settled for less than I owed." He responds, "no, we'll report it as paid in full."

Is that insane or what?? I told him no thanks, that I owed the money, and I had no problem with paying it, I just didn't want it reported incorrectly. He was kinda speechless. Go figure.

breeze

2. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Breeze,
    I got my updated TU from disputing with Junum just the other day and EMCC-X.com was on it. I paid them off in January and so it shows revolving account 0 balance, credit limit 100 dollars. They are idiots!!!!! This didn't show up on my old report either so this is the first time I have seen it on there too and mine has been paid off since the beginning of January.
    Melissa

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, I sent them packing.
    The proof of what I did to them is on my website, and when I got done with them, not only wanted no part of trying to collect the debt, they sent me a letter by FEDEX telling me they were sorry they had bothered me. They also sent FEDEX demands to all the credit bureaus demanding that any references regarding this matter be removed at the earliest possible moment.

Then they called me up on a Sunday Morning to be certain that I had received the FEDEX letter.

They wanted no part of creditwrench tactics, and what it was going to do to them.

Coldata and many, many more have responded to creditwrench tactics in the same way.

All they want is out of harms way because they know they are defenseless against it.

Go click on the link on my websie and see the proof for yourself.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

credotwrench====CREDITWRENCH!!!!

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

To obtain a rather graphical idea of how they reacted to credit wrench, go to

http://www.creditwrench.com/P7040192.JPG

The display will show up in your browser's lower right hand corner and you will have to scroll down to see it all.

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Thank you for bringing the typo to my attention, George.

Appreciate that.

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Well, Bill, I am not in collections with them, they just bought the receivables when X.com went out of the banking business. My account was always current.

If I owe money, I pay it. I had my serious credit problems when my husband was sick for a long time, then he died, and then I got sick and couldn't work. Those were things beyond my control, but even then, I would have paid them if someone hadn't tried to garnish my pay when I finally went back to work.

Like I said, I just wanted it EMCC to report correctly. I will pay it off, and then see what happens.

My credit repair at this time is correcting errors that other people have made. I am not trying to get out of paying anyone, or delete any accurate reporting. Now if one of their numerous mistakes happened to be in my favor, I would certainly not take issue with it.

And I feel that the credit laws are unfair, the system stinks, and I don't blame folks who don't want to be branded as deadbeats for the next 10 years or so, and pay 26%, because they had difficult circumstances.

I absolutely did not trust EMCC to report this debt as "paid in full" if I accepted their offer to settle. That so-called supervisor had just told me he had no say in how things were reported.

Which time was he lying? LOL

breeze

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Meliss,

Are you going to dispute this? If you do, let me know what happens. K?

Thanks for the info!

breeze

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh oh oh, Melissa,

I have a better idea!! Call up EMCC and tell them you want to use your $100 revolving credit. Tell them you need to fill up your gas tank, or something, LOLOL.

breeze

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Breeze,

These people are idiots. They are also showing up on my TU report as paid in full in January and as 60 days late, which is a load of crap. Do you by chance have their phone number so I can call them tomorrow and rip them a new one?

Thanks - LKH

11. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Is EMCC part of Equifax, what is it. I seem to recall something, but I cant retrieve it.

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Both I and my wife were always current with them too.
    Both accounts were always paid in full on or before due date.

I keep all my bills paid that way. Just paid almost $2000 in credit card bills last nite. All paid in full with a few bucks extra for any extras they might tack on. I always add $5 extra.

But when x.com went out, they immediately sold to EMCC who them immediately added interest, penalties and whatever else they thought they could get away with and then almost immediately dinged the credit reports of all the names they bought.That got me hot under the collar.

And so I did something about it.

I'm not gonna take that kind of treatment.

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

You bet LKH. It's 1-800-457-6987. I haven't had any problems at all until this, which isn't that big a deal. I just a 4 different little things affecting my TU report, and it annoyed me a little,

breeze

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They are actually part of NCO Group (that's the collections outfit) I believe. Here is their website: http://www.emccinc.com/site_map.htm

They manage receivables for other companies. They bought the X.com lines of credit accounts when x.com got out of the banking business.

The very first month they had the accounts, I had sent my payment ahead of time (I use paypal to pay them), and then I got a call from EMCC the day before the payment was due. I told the girl it was already paid and she said "oh!, sometimes our computer does this, I'm sorry." and that was the only trouble I've had with them.

breeze

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

NCO is supposedly a subsidary of EMCC.COM.

I've beaten the pants off both of them many times.

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

OKAY BILL!! I'm inpressed, Thanks.

Linda

17. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That's nice.

LOL