Enlightening tidbit...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by gretchen, Sep 14, 2003.

1. gretchen

gretchen Well-Known Member

"I do credit fraud. Ironic that they should keep my card and ID. I almost left without it." he said with a sigh of relief after retrieving his identification cards.

"So are you are a good guy or a bad credit fraud guy? I am aware of both."

"I work for *XXX-one of the big three*. Ten years..... "

<later ...>

"Just give me your credit card number and on Monday morning I will have credited your account one thousand dollars and that is when and how we shall meet next." he said with confidence.

"Oh, really... wont you get into trouble for that?"

"No. I have the power to credit my own account and others as often as I like. You are single, right?"

"Right, no boyfriend, no kids. Is it in your power to delete things on my credit report? Can you delete everything?"

"Yes. You know, I have been here all night and you are the first person to sit and actually talk to me. You're so real, like you do not even belong here."

".......I would much prefer deletions instead of the 1000 dollars. I would like to buy a house. I have mostly medical from a few years back...ran into trouble. Besides,, I imagine that would be easier for you, yes?. I do not need the money. I need this stuff taken off."

"Yes and no. You would have to give me your SSN, full name and personal information in order for me to do that. Otherwise yes,. I can add or delete. Did you know that doctors have the worst credit?"

"No. Really? Give you my SSN? I was told I should not do that, ever. "

"It's true.......Right, just give me your, a credit card number and Monday morning you will have 1000.00 credited to your account. Then, that is how we shall meet."

"I did not bring in any cards. And do not know off hand my numbers, how about if I just give you my email address and we will take it from there?"

2. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Ummmm. I don't get it.

But I can tell you this much; If I could find an "insider" that would do the "dirty" for me,
    it would be worth about $6,000 cash.

Not incennuating...

Just specualting,

SnakeMan

3. gretchen

I do not get it either. LOL I agree. "If it sounds to good to be true it probably is."

I suppose it might have helped had I mentioned that I began my conversation with "It can't hurt to ask." I mentioned how a MGM Valet just asked my friend for 50 dollars to park his car. And how one dancer asked for a million dollars and the man gave it to her. According to my tax accountant she had to go back to him and get a letter from him saying that it was a gift for tax write off purposes.

It would be in my best interest to let him work his magic but,,,, if he can make my credit report clean and *gasp* "add" to it, I imagine he could also destroy it in one day too. :-O

I do know I am not going to go around feeling guilty about Credit Repairing anymore after talking to him.

4. moneyelf

moneyelf Well-Known Member

Huh? Were you out at a club and is this the conversation you had with someone there? Can you give us some background? In any case, if this was a real conversation at all it is, indeed, quite scary. I wonder how to get a job in credit fraud...Hmmmmm.

5. snakeman

Here's a couple questions along the lines of "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there does it make a sound?"

1. If one applied for a job at a CRA....does the CRA do a credit check?

2. Why couldn't I set up an "account" with a CRA like any business would do. Then I would name it something like these:

Ford Meter Credit.........?
    City Bank..............?
    Bank Two.........?
    GMCA....................?

.......then I would report...for a fee to any of my "subscribers", all sorts of good payment history....

Hmmm, scary.

SnakeMan

6. snakeman

This could go somewhere.....

BUMP

7. nomocash

nomocash Active Member

Yes, it does sound interesting. Sounds like a typical con scam. Give me 1,000. Give me your CC #. Promise, Promise, Promise.

8. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Whoa, Gretchen, really interesting dialogue -- you ought to write short stories, LOL! You had me reading the whole post, and I'm not in much of a mood to read tonight, heh. Anyway, I am a bit confused though. Was this somebody you met out somewhere who claimed to work at a CRA? If so, I would be VERY hesitant to provide any information at all. Face it -- guys have been lying to women at nightspots since the dawn of nightspots. This may be the "credit" version of "baby, I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Anyway, maybe I've got it wrong, so do tell -- inquiring credit minds wanna know, lol.

Doc

9. gretchen

Moneyelf,

Background: They had been drinking Coronas. They both appeared to be of Mexican descent. Supposed CRA man said he went to school in SD, CA but presently living in Georgia. He says he travels within the states a lot. I found this surprising for what I might have guessed as a 9-5 office job. They did not appear or sound to be too intoxicated. Although his friend was becoming more and more boisterous. The CRA man pulled out a green AMEX card to buy me a drink. He could not find his ID for the waitress that wanted to open up a tab. CRA man appeared to be very disorganized and at a loss for his ID. He was not carrying his cards in a wallet. He went in search for his ID in the VIP room. He came back and thus began the conversation. I spoke with them for less then half an hour before his buddy insisted on leaving. I jotted down his first and last name, cell phone # and e-mail address.

Nomocash,

Not typical. The supposed CRA man is not asking for money. Only a non-specific CR#. Not even my name or an expiration date!

PsychDoc,

Hehha yeah, I am a budding Harlequin romance novelist in the making. I'll send you a copy of my first published novel. ;-) LOL

Unfortunately, the plot at this time is going no where and unlikely to have a happy ending at this rate. :-\ I may have to call him.

He sent me an email this morning. Asking simply again for a number so he can credit my account for Monday. His email was barely comprehensible. Turns out CRA man cannot write in English and is uneducated. I fear he will not be able to read my letter asking for more info and proof that he works at Equifax. Or my tactfully safe-guarded reply may turn him off.

Quite right. Except "baby" conversations consist of "What are you doing after work, baby?" I am leaving tomorrow baby..." He was offering to credit first, then meet somewhere in time down the road. I had the impression that he had done this before and it worked out for him. This being late Sunday, he is back in Atlanta, GA. He did not suggest that I meet him anywhere or anything like that yesterday. Did not even hint at the suggestion of it. Although his e-mail was direct on his "baby" intentions. And yet again he said just give me a CR number, so he could get the money to me. Mind you, and my point of revealing this story is that it is not "his" money that he would be crediting to my account. And if it is not "his" then whose is it?

I am also a budding supernatural, thriller novelist as well. :) Heh

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

There's no way a guy who works for a CRA can credit a payment to your credit card account at a BANK. What a liar, loser, jerk. I think it was only the alcohol that made it seem interesting.

I like the line at Creditboards better: "Hey, baby, what's your FICO?"

11. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

LOL, Gretchen, I think I agree with your assessment. In other words, the knight in shining armor has not arrived, so I'm with you: Stay very far away from this guy, irrespective of how convincing, charming, or generous he may seem. (It's the father in me that's rushing in with the protective advice, even though you clearly don't need it, LOL.)

Doc

12. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

I have experience with this. I tried to buy a car while I was in college or maybe I was just out of college. Anyway, I was told all I had to do was pay $300 to a CRA employee and my credit would be upgraded to A1. So I paid and the next day I had a clean report all A1.

I took the car. The trouble began when the CRA (at that time it was TRW, now Experian) pulled my report and I guess they have a check and balance system in place to red flag certain reports that were all negs/defaults one day and A1's the next. I mean it just make sense.

My report was stamped with my name, SS#, the words, "Call TRW" and nothing else. Now I wonder if TRW knew their employees were engaged in illegal practices and allowed it. :/

13. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

But if he wanted your credit card number, I suspect something else here. Perhaps he would also need the expiration date. Then he could go and charge a bunch of stuff to your account.

Who knows if he would show up later, at the appointed time.